Tag Tuesday: The Ride or Die Tag+ Makeup Look w/ Products

Alrighty! Here we go, first I'll do the tag and then I'll show the look and mention the products I use! 

Face Primer 
I kind of have 2 favorites here... but I'm going to mention one in a different category. I think my favorite is the Benefit That Gal Primer! This has been a favorite since I've tried it and I really think its a good one. I have to use this more compared to the Maybelline Illuminating Primer because I kind of think I like that just as much... but because I didn't use that for a while and I've used this a lot more, I think this is what I'd consider the Ride or Die. It works really well with any foundation... it lasts a long time, good for dry skin. Doesn't give too much of a glow, but it gives a pretty nice glow and its just nice! 

Foundation 
Too Faced Born This Way! There are other foundations I like a lot... but if I could only choose one for the rest of my life, it would probably be this one. Its a good coverage and it just looks really nice and natural on the skin. I really like it! 

Concealer 
There are only 2 concealers that I like. Benefit Erase Paste and Maybelline Better Skin concealer. These are both really good. I'm picky and I like these both. I think the Maybelline Better skin helps breakouts heal up a little bit. And it works well under the eyes. The Erase Paste does well under the eyes too... I just like these both a lot. I use them together sometimes... might be too heavy, but I like them anyway. 

Powder 
The Elf HD is really good. I like the Bareminerals Mineral Veil a little better honestly... but I'm more likely to repurchase the Elf because it does just as good a job, and you can get the undereye powder, the pressed powder and the loose powder and they are all quite good. They have different kinds of powders also... plus its less expensive than Bareminerals... so its just a favorite. 

Setting Spray 
Smashbox Primer Water... there's just something about this that works well as a primer with just about any foundation, it works as a setting spray... and I was skeptical about this, but I really really like it! 

Bronzer 
The Physican's Formula Butter Bronzer. This is a total must try from the drugstore, for fair to light skintones. I think Physicians Formula has other bronzers that are good for deeper skintones, but this one is good for light skintones... which is really hard to find sometimes, and its just really good. I like it a lot! 

If I had to pick a bronzer palette, the Too Faced Book of Bronzers is my other favorite. I'm going to pretty much pick a single and a palette for most of these things. I think this has every bronzer you would ever need and these are really really great bronzers. I like it a lot because you get to try all of these bronzers in one place... so this is nice! 

Contour 
I don't love contouring... but why not mention the Elf Contour Palette anyway. This is just the best contour palette for the price. Its really nice and I just really like Elf. Its nice. 

Blush 
My #1 pick would be the Unzipped Cheeks palette from Lorac. I just love the selection of blushes in this palette. They're pigmented, they last a long time and they're just really really good. I like them a lot! Very nice and pretty. 

For single blushes you can't beat the Milani Baked blushes. I just love the formula and they're so pretty and they're really good. I only have 2 but I want to try more because I just think these are the best! 

Highlights 
For my overall favorite I think the Anastasia Glow Kit is my #1 favorite. I have it in Gleam, I love the color selection, I love the glow I can get from it and it is just my #1 favorite. I'm a big fan. 

My favorite single highlight is Ofra's You Glow Girl. Its just so pretty, such a nice glow to it and I just really really love it! This is kinda similar to some of the colors in the Glow Kit... but its still unique and good enough on its own. 

Eye Primer 
Elf Primer and Liner Sealer. I love the primer side of this, its really good and just super nice and it works really well. They have changed other primers... like the Urban Decay Primer Potion so much that I just think that is a very inconsistent product and there are other drugstore primers I like... but this just works better for me. I like the cream consistency to just create a base to layer shadows on top of... and its just a nice primer. 

Single Shadow 
Nars Dual Intensity Shadow in Himalia is my favorite. Its just nice, its light and pretty and it works well with a lot of different palettes. I have a go to look with this and the Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum which I just really really like. 

Palettes 
I have to mention 2 palettes here. There is one winner... but there are 2 favorites. 

The one real winner is the Too Faced Natural Matte palette. This is just so good, its good for an all in one look or just if you need a matte palette for a single shadow. Its so nice and pretty and the colors are kind of unique for an all matte palette... but its still really nice. 

2nd favorite is the Juvias Place Nubian 2. Sometimes this bothers my eyes... but overall these shadows are incredibly pigmented, really pretty and just great shadows for such a good price. I love the shade selection in this too, and its just really really nice. I'm a big fan of this. 

Mascara 
Ulta brand mascaras work really well for me. My favorite that I've tried so far is the Amped Lashes along with the Rain Coat Top Coat. I've tried the double ended mascara and that was really nice too. I have another one I'm going to try soon and that will be in a First Impression Friday someday. 

My real favorite is probably the Bareminerals Lash Domination... I think I'd like this better in a waterproof formula, but this is really nice. It gives my lashes a lot of length. They have a new formula I think... which scares me a little but I really like this one. 

Liner 
I pretty much only line my waterline and my favorite liners are Nyx Slide on Glide on and Colourpop Creme Gel Liner pencils. My favorite colors are Gilded Gold for the Nyx, Honeydude and Get Paid for the colourpop. Both really nice, I love how they look in my waterline, they don't bother my eyes at all. Its really really good and I really like them. 

Lips 
There is so much I can talk about with lips that I might do a whole separate ride or die lips post... but what I used today was an Essence Lip Liner... I think I used Soft Berry and the lips I used Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Honey Bare. I think my favorite absolute color is Urban Decay Rapture, I have the revolution line, not the Vice line... I'll do a whole post on these just because its nice. 

Makeup Look 

FACE
Primed with the That Gal Primer then dotted the Born This Way Foundation all over my face, sprayed my unmentioned Ride or die brush- the Tarte Airbrush Brush- with the Smashbox primer Water and blended my foundation in. Bronzer- Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer, Blush was Underrated from the Unzipped Cheeks palette, highlight was Starburst from the Anastasia Glow Kit. Powdered with the Bareminerals Mineral Veil... which is my fave but not what I included in the tag after thinking about it... but really I guess it is Mineral Veil... lol. And I sprayed with Primer Water again. 

EYES 
Primed with the Elf Primer and Liner Sealer, went in with Himalia all over the lid, then took the Too Faced Matte palette. I used Strapless in my crease and then Risque in my crease and on the outer corner. Lined with Honeydude and I used the Ulta Amped Lashes with the Rain Coat topcoat. 

LIPS 
lined with soft berry and then Honeydude lipstick! 




Hope you liked this! Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments