Favorite Makeup Brands

I just thought I'd talk about some of my favorite brands today and give a little insight into why they're my favorites. I did a Top 5 favorite brands a while ago on my Instagram- I will probably add a few more on here than that... but let's just get into the brands!

First off I'm going to say Nars... I don't have a ton of makeup from Nars... but everything I do have has kind of blown everything else out of the water. It's just a really great brand... I don't do many "Luxury" Brands... and Nars I think more of as a luxury brand than just a high end brand... but I do love their products! Haven't had a miss from them so far... plus tons of their products are underrated because they are kind of more expensive than they're worth. My favorite product from them is probably the Dual Intensity Shadows... they are just so so good!

My new favorite is CoverFx... I haven't actually used that many products from CoverFx... I have 2 highlights and one of the infusion drops- but I appreciate the unique-ness of the brand. I like that they kind of let you customize your makeup and to me that's pretty cool. They're a bit pricey for the amount you're getting in the bottle... but I still think they're worth it. My favorite product I've tried is the Halo cover drops. They just make my skin look so dewy and hydrated... I actually think I'm almost done with them... and I need a refill because it's that good!

Slightly less expensive... Makeup Geek! I didn't have much of an opinion of Makeup Geek when I first tried them. They were great shadows... but I didn't use them all the time and I cast them aside. At the beginning of the year I put them all in one big Tarte Empty Palette and that helped me use them a lot better! It just made it really easy to come up with looks and it just makes me happy to look at. My favorite things from them are probably the Foiled shadows... they're just soo pretty and pigmented.

Speaking of Makeup Geek... this wasn't in my original top 5 on the Instagram... but it is comparable to Makeup Geek... it is Colourpop. I have more Makeup Geek Shadows than Colourpop... mostly because Makeup Geek has been around a little bit longer... but I still think Colourpop Shadows are just as good and they are a little bit cheaper. I think you get more product for your makeup geek shadows than colourpop's... but the quality of the Colourpop Pressed shadows are just as good. I only have one of their shimmer shadows and I would even say that that shadow is comparable to the Makeup Geek Foiled shadows for half the price... so I would recommend colourpop also. I think their favorite products are still any of their lipsticks... but I do love and recommend their shadows as well. And the eyeliners... so good!

Milani is probably my favorite drugstore brand. I think the brand has improved their products a lot... they have some pretty unique stuff for the drugstore... the packaging is all really luxe looking and I just think they have some of my all time favorite products. The blushes they have always impress me... their primer is amazing... they just have so much great stuff!

Elf I have to include on this list too because if you're starting out with makeup... you could probably do a full face of Elf makeup and no one would be able to tell that your makeup was cheap. I love the Flawless Finish Foundation as much as my favorite High End Foundations. I like Elf skincare a lot... and I just haven't had many misses from Elf.... that's not totally true I guess. Some of the worst products I've tried are the eyeshadows they have in split pans that they sell in sets for the holidays usually.

The honorable mention I talked about on the blog is Anastasia Beverly Hills... they probably could have beaten out some of these other products... but honestly I've only ever tried palettes from them and I want more of a frame of reference. Most of what they have is in Palette form though... and that isn't for everyone- so that's something to keep in mind.

I think now I also have to give Lorac an honorable mention. I just rediscovered the Mega Pro 3 palette and it is amazing. They have a lot of great stuff... again I've only ever really liked their palettes... but I do have a lot of their palettes and would highly recommend them!

I think that is everything! Tomorrow I have a review of a hand soap I like... so prepare to be excited... I know you are! Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments