First Impression: Ulta and Jenny Fox Miss Fabulous Palette

I kind of wanted to review this... but it is an older palette and you can't really find it anymore... I got it on sale at my Ulta. It was less than $8... it was in a very messy sale section that they had... but I had always regretted not buying this palette... so now I can't regret not buying it! Lol. It seemed fitting to do a first impression because I don't do them that often and you can't really get this palette that readily anymore... so this is all you have to know about it.

I love it! The colors are right up my ally, they blend really easily and they actually last a really long time on my lids. I was very impressed with how it looked after I took it off. The shades don't look like much when you swatch them... and I didn't go anywhere today... but I did give myself a foot bath and it got hot around my house- so I thought the shadows would have kind of gone away... but they stayed on really really well.

One thing I kind of don't love about it is that the shadows are all a little bit similar... they're different enough that you can get a lot of different looks with them... but it's like "okay... not sure I needed a slightly darker version of that shade... but I'm okay with it. You can do a lot of different looks with it.

I've heard the palette is a dupe for the Modern Renaissance... honestly the formula feels similar to the Modern Renaissance... but these colors are definitely more orange and there are a lot of shimmers with these whereas the modern renaissance has a lot of mattes. This is still really versatile with the mattes and shimmers... but there are a lot of shimmer shadows.

There are a few colors that actually remind me of the Peach Palette, believe it or not! Polished, fox, Arizona... it's a little on the peachy side... which is fun for this time of year... but it will also be good for fall and winter too! I don't really use the peach palette in the Winter a lot... but this is one I could see myself using in the winter. It's really nice.

So yeah... good for a quick and easy look... slightly interested in trying other shadows from Ulta's collection... I haven't heard many good things about them to be honest... but if it's as good as this palette... it's amazing! This is definitely worth it, it feels high quality to me... and as a fan of Jenny Fox... this is a palette I know she worked hard on and it really is the types of colors that she likes. If there had been a black shadow in this I would have been like "woah... she definitely didn't choose the shades! She walkways says she never uses black!" But there isn't... which I'm also a fan of. I like the same warm type colors that she likes... and I think this is different compared to a lot of palettes... and it's super affordable. I hope she comes out with more makeup... or that Ulta brings this back or something because I think it's awesome and if you come across it- I recommend it.

I guess this is a first impression only... so keep that in mind. I've only used a few of these shadows and it's only been one time that I've used it... but I'm happy I found it! The brush that came with it is good enough to make the 7.50 or whatever worth it. It's a good brush and it's pretty lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments