Makeup Chat 6.17.17

So... I'm not sure what to post... lol. I wanted to do a blog about... all sorts of things. I had a haul planned... I was thinking of doing an anti haul or wish list too... but then I just wasn't liking anything... the pics for my fashion haul didn't come out right... everything was just sort of bad... so I thought I'd talk about different makeup topics... I think I've done this before.

Should I try Morphe??? 
I think I've mentioned Morphe in several anti hauls... it just never seemed like any of their stuff was really worth it... I think they've had some drama in the past... some people love them- some people hate them... some people hate how many youtubers try selling them to you... and idk what to think of the company at all... which makes me think maybe I should try them and figure it out.

There are a few reasons I haven't bought from Morphe. 1) I thought that my Juvia's Place shadows bothered my eyes when I wore them too many times in a row... but then I wore the Juvia's Place shadows for a week and I had no issues...so idk. It might not hurt my eyes too much. I think that happens sometimes when shadows are made in China... it is what it is kind of. 2) They don't have cheap shipping. It's not that expensive... 7.99 flat rate isn't really all that bad... but it's not fantastic. 3) A lot of their palettes are just too big. Sometimes Less is More... a lot of the colors look identical... and it's just not always something I find useable. Plus the 35O's seem a little gimmicky to me. 35 orange shadows... then there are 35 matte oranges and 35 shimmers only... it just doesn't seem practical.

But the Copper Spice and Bronze Mocha Speak to me... they're pretty selections and I just like the idea of these. Idk... most people I know like Morphe... it seems like I should try it before I totally shut it down.

But another thing... I don't get paid for blogging... I don't really want to buy something just to do a review... I do actually want these palettes... and I think they could be good... so yeah. Maybe I'll get them.

The Orange Palettes 
Speaking of millions of orange shadows... SO MANY ORANGES! Right? The Sunset theme is HUGE this summer.

We have the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette... which I do kind of sort of want... but I don't think I have it in me to buy a palette that pricey. There's no way of justifying that price... I'm sure the formula is amazing, I'm sure everything about it is wonderful... but I doubt it's worth that much money... so unless I just decide I need it one day... I'll admire it from a distance.

The Colourpop Palette is slightly more exciting. It looks really similar to the Natasha Denona and it is only $16. I'm sure the quality isn't the same... but I've tried Colourpop Singles and I love them... I think they are great quality and the price is right... you know. Lol I love that show... anyway... this looks really pretty... I do have one of the shades already... but that's it... and I love it. I would recommend it!

The Naked Heat Palette is new and exciting too... the beauty world has to stop and poop its pants a bit whenever a Naked Palette is released. Lol...bet you haven't read any other beauty blog that talks about pooping it's pants? Anyway... yeah Naked Palettes are still super iconic and everyone gets really excited for it. They invented the nude shadow palettes really... it's great. These colors look fun and it'll be great for the summer. I had almost no interest in it at first... It does kind of look JUST like the Peach Palette... but at the same time... I want it. Lol. It's hard not to want things when they're there.

And there's a new one from BH Cosmetics called the Solar Flare 18 Color Baked Eyeshadow Palette... that also looks gorgeous. I guess this is in their "Galaxy" line... and I just think this looks good. The whole line is pretty cool... it has a nice theme and they have a smokey palette, a colorful palette and now a neutral palette... so that's awesome.

The Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette 
I can't talk about makeup people are pooping their pants over without mentioning the Jaclyn Hill Palette. This looks gorgeous... I'm not going to buy it... but I think the quality will be great. I think Jaclyn's been working hard on it... and I just like it.

There's something I find a little fishy about this palette... and that's one thing I heard Jaclyn say long before the palette was revealed... she said "Even if you don't like me, even if you don't like Morphe, you will love this palette." And maybe those weren't her exact words... I'm not exactly quoting her on this I think I read that she said that in a makeup group... but come on! If you don't like Morphe and you don't like Jaclyn Hill and you don't like the colors... just don't buy the palette... you still won't like it probably... lol. Idk... I just think there's trying to sell you something... and then there's trying way too hard and that's something I hear and I roll my eyes a little. And I don't know if she's said that for sure... but don't listen to a youtuber if they say that... lol. They just want you to buy their crap.

So yeah, if you want this palette and think it's worth the $38... I think that's with shipping included... definitely get it. It does look gorgeous- I'm sure the quality will be good... It's just not something calling my name at the moment... so I think I won't, it's limited edition- I want people that love Jaclyn to get it... I mostly just watch her favorites videos... she's gorgeous, talented and entertaining to watch... but idk... I don't watch a lot of tutorials anymore... I'm kind of into reviews- but I try not to watch too many because I like reviewing things... but I always like hauls, favorites or unique types of things.

New Room??? 
Last weekend I got new furniture from Ikea!!!! So exciting! I've had my furniture for about 9 years... so it's time to change. Right now I use my desk more as a vanity... I think now I'll have enough room for it to function nicely as both. I probably do more makeup at my desk than I write at my desk to be honest... so it might be more of a vanity... but it's in the corner it'll be a good place to write at... and maybe film youtube videos... because that might be a thing I do also!

I don't know if I'll do all beauty videos. It might be a lot of vlogs... idk though. We'll see. Idk if I'll do it or not... it'll be crappy for a while... so keep that in mind... but it'll be fun lol.

It's just new furniture... not a full new room... but yeah. That'll be fun!

And I think that's everything... I hope you guys like this! I'll probably do these occasionally when I have nothing to blog about... I have a little more info tomorrow that is not makeup related AT ALL! I have a little bit of a blog update at the end of the day too... but yeah! That's pretty much it! Hope you like it!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments