The Good, The Bad, The Meh: Too Faced Cosmetics

I've tried a lot of Too Faced... I've done a lot of reviews... and I thought I'd just try this one about sort of the good products... the bad products and the middle ground products.

And Too Faced is a good brand... I know a lot of people don't like them right now for one reason or another... but I've liked everything I've tried from them well enough that I don't necessarily think it's all that bad... but it's not good and it's not meh... so yeah.

The Bad: 

The Rock n Roll Palette is not Too Faced's best palette. I got this in the Too Faced Mystery box that they had a couple of years ago... I like it well enough for being in that... but if they were to put this out for $36 again... I'd say skip it. If you find it at TJ Maxx and you do a lot of Smokey eye looks... this is fine... but for the most part I just can't give this my full approval.

Leslie Johnson on youtube or Pegasusdancing on Instagram uses this as performance makeup, she's a dancer and it works well for her to travel with and do a look for performances... so if you're looking for that that's good. But I use this mostly for when I go to a bar and I want to do a smokey eye look and wear jeans... I'll use this... but there are better palettes for that even... so this mostly gets ignored.

The Better Than Sex Mascara is a lot of people's favorite thing ever... and it isn't that I don't like it... it's just that it bothers my eyes a lot! Every time I've used this it just kind of bothers my eyes... the Waterproof does too... it took me a while to realize that was what it was... but I'm pretty sure that's it... and I just wouldn't really say it's the best.

The Shadow Insurance isn't great. I liked the Champagne and the Candellight primers... which they don't make anymore... which makes me resent the Shadow Insurance more. I've heard the Glitter Glue is okay... but Elf and Nyx have glitter glues as well... so there isn't a huge point in the Glitter Glue.

The Meh: 

I'm going to put the (original) Chocolate Bar palette in the Meh category... and this is at the top because something bad happened to mine... so it's almost bad. It's a good palette... but it isn't all that versatile. I always end up getting the same looks with mine... and it isn't that I don't like it... it's just kind of hard to try to do different looks with... and I'd rather feel more inspired to do more with it. And while I don't really have a problem with the eyeshadows... the packaging is so bad... mine is broken in half... so that really sucks. It's not meh formula wise... but it's kind of meh in general.

The Melted Matte Lipsticks aren't my favorite thing ever either... they just don't wear that well on me... they don't have a real smell... but they still kind of smell funny... and idk it just isn't my favorite overall... I would probably get more... but there are better inexpensive lipsticks... so that's kind of a downer. These don't feather outside the lines and they don't really need a lip liner... so they're very easy... and comfortable... they just aren't my favorite.

I don't think I'd repurchase the Hangover RX Primer. It was a good moisturizer... so maybe if my skin was really dry... but at the same time... I think there are better primers for dry skin... I think it's better to do better skincare for dry skin... and it only really worked with the It Cosmetics CC+Illumination for me... and I am not going to repurchase that- so this won't be repurchased either.

The Mascara Melt off is something that I like... but I probably won't repurchase... it's just kind of pricy for what it is... and it's not the best thing in the world for your eyes either... coconut oil can be an irritant... so that's not the best way to remove eye makeup... idk... just not a thing I'd repurchase. It isn't bad... but I wouldn't repurchase it.

The Lip Insurance Lip Primer is also really good... but I think I like the Milani Anti Feathering Lip Liner a little bit better... so this isn't something I'm excited to spend $20 on again... for the most part- milani is better on most of these things... lol.

I didn't love the Love Flush Blushes when I first tried them... The one I have is just a little bit too pigmented maybe... and that's not the best for my cheeks... I've grown to like them a little bit better... but they still aren't something I'd purchase again. Milani blushes are better... yet again Milani wins!


The Good: 

Too Faced does have really good palettes. I think their holiday releases are said to be inconsistent... but the rest of their palettes have all been very good for me and I just like them. The Natural Matte and Peanut Butter and Jelly are some favorites of mine... but I also love the Peach Palette, the Semi Sweet, and the Vegas Nay. I have the Boudoir Eyes and the Sugar pop and those are good too. I think I'm going to do a more in-depth review of these all together and decide my favorite and least favorites... so I'll tease that a little bit... palettes smack down's are coming back soon... I promise lol. Anyway... the palettes are good... even the ones on the good and the Meh list.

The La Creme Lipsticks are definitely an underrated gem of the line. They're really moisturizing and they feel really good on the lips and they have a lot of colors and they're just amazing.

Another product that I think gets overshadowed by all of the cutesy palettes and stuff that Too Faced has... The Bronzers! These are the best! Pink Leopard is probably my favorite... but I like most of them- I have the Little Black Book of Bronzers- so I've tried them all... they're all good.

The Born This Way foundation is my favorite! I should probably try the concealer because they have that too... but the Foundation is absolutely amazing. It's the fullest coverage foundation that looks the best on me and I just really like this.

I also love the Melted lipsticks. These are easy to apply... they last me a really, really long time and they have a lot of nice colors. There are a lot of drugstore dupes of these Melted Lipsticks... I think I'm going to have to try those because I haven't done a Dupes post in a while... and that sounds interesting to me... so we'll see that soon maybe... but yeah. I like these a lot.

And they don't make these anymore... and they got pretty bad reviews overall... and tbh they are kind of a meh product... but I'm putting it on my good list because Life is short... that is the Soul Mates Bronzer... the whole reason it's on the good list is because it's named Ross and Rachel... and I love me some Friends... so yeah.It's super cute and I liked the way it looked on the skin enough... but I really loved the fact that they named it Ross and Rachel.

I believe that is everything I've ever tried from Too Faced... now onto some upcoming products.

Bonus: What I'm looking forward to! 

I thought I'd post what I'm looking forward to from Too Faced also... I do put  Too Faced in a lot of Anti Hauls... but I do really like them... so I thought I'd post that.

I think that the Clover Palette looks super cute and the colors look really nice. I don't know if I will for sure get it or not... but I don't think it looks bad at all.

The Hangover RX Setting Spray is something I'll definitely try. It's a primer setting spray... so it's a little like the Smashbox Primer water... I didn't love the Hangover RX primer the most... but I would try this setting spray primer. It interests me.

I think that is everything! Hope you guys like it! Let me know if you want me to do more of these... I might have some more Drugstore "Good, bad and Meh" products than I do high end... so I'll probably end up doing more drugstore items here... but let me know!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments