Thrifty Thursday: Aveeno

I realized recently I have a lot of Aveeno Products... so I thought I'd just do a whole Thrifty Thursday on all the Aveeno products that I've tried... and we'll see what happens! Lol.

Keep in mind with most of the Aveeno products... there are generic versions from basically any store brand... I'll have some comparisons to the Harmon brand... which I'm sure not many people have experience with... I would say as far as generic brands go though... Up and Up is usually the highest ranked Generic brand... I'm not 100% positive on that... but from the Up and Up products I've tried... they're great. They're safe and they work just as well... but Aveeno is a great brand!

So I'll start off with the Theraputic Shave Gel and the Positively Smooth shave gel because these are the ones that I've tried the Harmon Face Values equivalent of... and the ingredients aren't that different... but the Aveeno ones are a little bit better. The packaging is good because it doesn't rust at all on the bottom or on the top... so that's always really nice. You don't need to use a lot of it- so I've been using mine for quite a long time by now. You kind of don't need to shave everyday when you use either one really... the Positively Smooth is a little bit better for that. The Theraputic Shave Gel is fragrance free... whereas the Positively Smooth does have a scent to it... it's a really nice scent... but still if any sort of fragrance bothers you- this probably isn't the most offensive product ever... but it might bother you. I have sensitive skin and when I had eczema I used the Harmon version and it didn't make anything worse... my eczema wasn't really on my legs necessarily... but still. Nothing terrible happened when I used it... so keep it in mind. It might not bother you if you do have problems... but maybe it will. I'm not the best judge of that.

Speaking of Eczema, I did use the Eczema relief lotion... this helped my eczema feel a lot better... it didn't make it go away or anything. It is just a "relief." Maybe my Eczema was just too bad for that... maybe it isn't supposed to do that... just use it as a relief and if your pain continues- consult your doctor. It didn't hurt- it might have been the best for relief... but it didn't help all that much.

Recently I've tried the Positively Radiant 60 Second Facial In Shower Cleanser... and that is awesome. You just leave it on for a little bit and then wash it away. There are exfoliating beads in it... so it's sort of a 2 in 1 thing... and I just like it. I use it in the bath- not the shower... but it still works well and I really like it!

I also tried the Clear Complexion foaming cleanser and it's good. I use it in the morning... I haven't used it a whole lot... I don't use it daily... but it's good when I do use it. I like it a lot.

And that is everything! Super affordable line... definitely worth checking out these products... The Shaving Gel would probably be my #1 recommendation... but these are all really good!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments