Glowing Review: New Illuminating Products- CoverFx Gift Set, Laura Gellar, Pixi and Essence

So... lately I've had some highlight obsessions... and I thought I would just share reviews of all of these things in one big blog post... so that's what I'm going to do. I have 3 highlighters to talk about- one is super affordable, one is slightly affordable and available at target and the third is a little pricy and can be found at Ulta... and then I have a luxury brand gift set with 3 products that claim to give some illumination... so yeah. I'm starting with the gift set!

Coverfx Illuminating Prime and Set 

This is a good set... I needed a new primer- I wanted to try the Illuminating Setting Spray and you guys know the Custom Enhancer Drops are some of my favorites. I didn't have moonlight either so that was especially awesome. These are very small sizes- .5 Ounces of primer, 1 ounce of the setting spray and .09 ounces of the Enhancer Drops. So it's nothing that's going to last you all that long... but I've had mine since the end of August... I've used them almost every day and I've still got a bit left. I haven't used the Enhancer Drops that much because... idk these haven't worked as well for me... this is still pretty good though... I would probably repurchase full sizes of these... but if I see the set again- I might purchase that again. I like the setting Spray but I don't need a huge one- I could probably get a different primer... but I like this one... and the Drops are just a bonus... even though the Enhancer Drops are one of my favorite things in makeup... this small size is very hard to use and I don't reach for it a ton because of that.

For $29... I'm impressed. Not a great amount of things your getting- but I consider CoverFx to be a more luxury brand and I think this is a good set for them.

Laura Gellar Diamond Dust Highlight 

I think this was supposed to be a limited edition highlight... but it appears maybe not? Idk- they have it available in an ornament packaging for the holidays- I think it'd be kind of cool if they just released this around the holidays every year... the way Mac sort of does with Whisper of Guilt.

That being said though- this is kind of a summery highlight. It's very duo-chrome-y looking... so it just kind of looks kind of awesome on the cheekbones over a blush... it looks like a blush topper and it just goes with anything- it is so pretty. I loved this when I swatched it- when I got it home it kind of took me a while to fall in love with it. I'm not sure why- but it didn't exactly pop. It was a little more subtle... but idk if I used a different brush or if it just got cleaner after I used it a few times... but after a while I was super impressed and I love it... totally one of my favorites.

Pixi Aspyn Ovard Highlight in London Lustre 

This might be a hidden gem of the drugstore. I think Pixi is a little bit too expensive and it gets overlooked because it just costs a lot of money for what it is.

That being said... this might be the most blinding highlight I have. The Anastasia Gleam Palette and the You Glow Girl might beat it... but I would honestly compare this to things like those! This is like the Mary Loumanizer... but different. The formula is kind of smooth... I feel like this is better with a fan brush than with a small brush... a little goes a long way with this. I'm going to need to try that tomorrow because today I did a little too much. If you use it more subtly it does look like "a highlight that doesn't look like a highlight" and then you catch some light and BLAM! it's there... but still. I feel like this isn't for everyone.

Essence Purenude Highlight in Be My Highlight 

This is an awesome highlight that just makes it look like you have good skin. I feel like this could work for most people- it's gorgeous and it's just very subtle but it still shows up. This is also one of the most affordable highlights I have... and it's just plain good. I'd highly recommend this one to anyone. I think maybe the Pixi one isn't for everyone, I don't think oily skin people would benefit from the Coverfx set... idk if the Laura Gellar one is for everyone... this one no matter what highlight type you like- you could definitely rock this one. It's a good one for sure and the pricetag is nice!

So that is everything! Hope you guys enjoy this! Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments