Tarte Sephora Birthday Gift Set Review!

Even though it's towards the end of the year and most people have probably chosen their birthday gift from Sephora by now... I wanted to review this anyway cause that's what I do!

So this is a little birthday girl set with a Lip Paint in Birthday Suit and a Blush in Paaarty. These are just minis... but they're pretty good sized products.

I think this is maybe my favorite birthday gift that they've done since the Philosophy Cupcake Body Wash. I love Tarte, their blushes are awesome and this blush color is just the prettiest I have from them!

It's just a really nice neutral color- great for everyday looks... easy to travel with. It doesn't have a mirror in the package... but I still like it. I've been using this a lot... and I've never actually finished a blush... but I feel like I might finish this one! It's so good I just can't imagine not using it that often. It's a great color and I'm a little sad it's only available in this gift... I would buy this in a full size if Tarte ever released it! Just throwing that out there.

The lipstick is okay. I think this was probably the best pick for a lipstick to put in there because I feel like most people will like the formula a lot. It's not a traditional liquid lipstick- it has a moussy texture and there's a bit of a tingly effect. It isn't totally matte... but I think it probably lasts similarly to the Tartiest Lip Paints... it's a different formula... but it isn't bad. It's not glossy at all- but it isn't really matte either. It's just something I think most people would kind of like and the color is very flattering for any sort of look.

I like layering Nars Chelsea Girls with this in the center of the lip... it just looks really pretty and those shades compliment each other very well. That just gives a nice little glossy pop and a little bit of a difference to the shade... so I just really like that and that's kind of my "serving suggestion" lol.

I hope you guys like this review! Let me know if you chose the Caudelie thing and if you liked that or not... cause I've heard mixed things!

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments