First Impressions on some new (to me) makeup! Mac and It Cosmetics

So I thought I did a makeup look yesterday with products that aren't new for the most part... but to me they were new and I think right now I'm going to do a first impressions on them.

So I've had this on for about 2 hours... and I'll give kind of my first first impressions while I was applying it- what I think a couple hours later... and by now it's 5:10 so it's even later than when I started this post... lol but anyway... Makeup!



Mac All That Glitters Shadow 

This applied so easily right on my eye... I feel like I've never tried anything quite like this before. I liked how this applied better than brands like Too Faced or Urban Decay... which are some of the earlier shadows I've tried... I'd say now that mac is more affordable if you want to start out with a palette- maybe get some Mac Shadows and make a quad... if they were this inexpensive when I was starting out with makeup- maybe I would have tried these earlier... but yeah. This was super easy and it just looked really pretty. It's a nice, light gold color that I love... and I don't think I have anything quite like this. It's just a nice, glamorous color that I love.

5: 15 
As I mentioned- I applied this around 2 or 2:30... and it's still on really well! Didn't fade at all- it still looks really nice.

End of the night... 
It lasted really well throughout the night. I ended up taking it off at around 8:30-9 because I took a bath and when it got wet it just kind of messed up. It was mostly the color in my outer corner that faded though, and that was a darker color... so I was expecting that. It didn't stain my eyes or feel uncomfortable or anything... I wasn't expecting it too... but it didn't and I just really liked how it wore throughout the day and how it looked. I'll definitely be using this one a ton.

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials Shadow 
So this isn't a first impression. I used this on Saturday and it was easy to blend and it lasted all day. I used all of the shadows that day too so I knew they were great all together as a palette. Sometimes that can be different when you use a different base... these still blended really easily and they felt really good.

I probably won't do check ins of this because they did last really well... I have a vlog that I think I'm going to post sometime where I mention it... but yeah! It works well! I probably won't check in unless something terrible happens.

Mac False Lash Effects Eyeshadow 

First Impression 
I haven't heard great things about Mac Mascara and mascara is a little tricky for me... but I really liked this. It comes in a small tube- so I was expecting a tiny wand like the L'oreal Telescopic... but the wand was huge- more like the Voluminous or the Makeup Forever mascara from the Sephora Birthday Gift a few years ago.

My lashes don't look huge from it... but it did give some good volume. It maybe clumped a little bit- but I still kind of liked how it looked. I don't know if I would purchase this on it's own... but I would get this as a sample if I ordered from Mac! My friend ordered this- so she chose the sample and it was good.

I'm just going to do an end of night check in for this one because it's also pretty much the same... and it's a little more subtle so it doesn't droop or anything after a few hours.

End of the night 
This was pretty good... even though I had it on in the bathtub... it didn't really smudge much... so that's pretty good.

Mac Russian Red Lipstick 
This one was nice to apply... with all the Matte Liquid Lipsticks out there- its kind of hard to just find a matte lipstick thats just as good as those. This is far less messy than any red Liquid Lipsticks I've tried. I did still use a Lip Liner with it... just cause I had one and I thought that would make it wear a little better. I've always been iffy about ordering this color because I've heard people complain about how uncomfortable the formula is... but I think it's a favorite of my cousin's and she looks great in it... anyway this was definitely super comfortable. It actually felt moisturizing to me while still looking matte... idk if that's me being hopeful or what it is... maybe they changed the formula... but I just really liked how it applied.

5: 32 
It's still on and I've had some things to eat and drink. I had Starbucks and it transferred but the red color is still on really well... and I had some chili on crackers (recipe for that on Scribbles About Life today!) and  it's still on! It feels a little bit dry now... but not horrible and definitely not the same as something like the Tartiest Lip Paints when you first apply them.

After Dinner 
I actually just reapplied this at dinner and then during dinner I removed it because it was getting on my food and everything. It was a little bit messy when I reapplied...next time I think I'll remove it completely and then reapply... or I'll just dab a little bit on the center or something because it was a little bit too messy... and then I just removed it and I won't be reapplying it. Nothing got on my teeth to the best of my knowledge and it didn't bleed or feather from my lipline... so that was good! It did leave a bit of a stain, but water took that off.


So that is everything! I loved it all a lot! I would highly recommend picking it up! Hopefully this helped a little! Also- great gift ideas! I got these as gifts and I'd recommend giving them!

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments