First Impression Friday: First Impression/ Review: Bareminerals Bareskin Serum Foundation

Alright! I had a coupon for Bareminerals at Ulta and I've been wanting to try this foundation for a while... so I decided to get it! And I kind of wanted to do more than just a first impression... but I wanted to include my first impressions in here also... so yeah.

Packaging 
This is a plastic bottle and it has a little nozzle at the top so that you can just get a couple of drops on and blend it in. It says to use 1-2 drops and then build up from there... which is what I did. It was easy to squeeze the bottle and build up the coverage. And you need to shake up before using.

Application 
Its watery, it feels just like the Tarte Maricuja Oil... so I don't think this will be good for oily skin. Also my friend with Acne-Prone skin broke out from this... so I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive, oily skin. I know it comes with a special brush to use with the product... to me the brush looks very similar to the Real Techniques Total Face Brush or just a regular stipple brush. I used the Real Techniques Total Face Brush and I liked that a lot with it. I buffed it in with circular motions. Usually when I use a brush I like to spray it with setting spray, but since this was so oily already I didn't want to mix it with water cause I thought it might separate.

It feels like nothing on my skin... my skin just feels really nice and moisturized. I didn't set it with powder just for the wear test... but I think I would normally set it with powder because it is oily. I used a cream blush from Becca and a cream highlight from Elf,cause I thought that would make it easier to tell how long wearing it was... I also used Benefit's That Gal Primer... which doesn't claim to be long wearing... but I find it to be pretty long wearing... so keep that in mind.

After Everything
So I don't think this was very longwearing I didn't really do anything... but I think I'll use a longer wearing primer. I'm wearing it again today with the Covergirl Outlast and I'm actually doing things today... so we'll see.

And I'm using powders today instead of creams... that wasn't really intentional... but we'll see!

Many Months Later... 
I realized I never finished writing this or posting this review! I've worn this many times after it and I really ended up liking it. It gets a little dewy towards the end of the day but I'm okay with that. I don't think this is for oily people at all... but I feel like my skin has gotten better since I've started using it. It gives me the coverage I like, and I'm happy about that. I really like it overall. I know it isn't for everyone, it breaks some people out... but I really like it.

I wore it for long periods of time when I was doing a lot of stuff... and it was fine. It was fine during the Red Bank Wedding Walk, where I walked all over Red Bank... and its held up in many dance classes... its pretty good overall. I like it!

I think it broke out my friend with sensitive skin... but I didn't have that problem. The only thing is, sometimes its messy because of the droppy runnyness of the packaging.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments