Worth it Wednesday: Nars Dual Intensity Shadows

A little while ago I won a contest from Canoexmakeup on instagram and one of the Nars Dual Intensity Shadows was included. I was excited because I always wanted to try them... but they're $29... which is a lot for one shadow... but is it really worth it? Let's see!

The color I have is Himalia and I really love the color. It isn't super soft, but it gives a beautiful color on the eyes. I don't think I ever used it with a setting spray. Maybe I did? I'm not sure... they worked well without wetting it with a setting spray first though. They aren't soft like the Urban Decay singles, but they aren't hard either. Its one of those goldie locks formulas that is just right. I can see how wetting it would help... but its good dry too. So yeah!

I really like this for a really simple look. Basically I use this with the Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum palette and thats sort of my go- to "special occasion" type of look. Its just easy to do, goes with any outfit and people compliment me on it... so I'll do that look soon(If I haven't done it yet) . Its really easy, but I love it!

Also this is a color you can use for a lot of different things. You can use it as an eyeshadow, a highlight, and if you really want to get fancy... you can top a lipstick with it to give a little bit of shimmer!

So do I think its worth $29... yes. I would re-purchase it if I ran out and I would purchase other colors too. I think its probably one of my favorite single shadows... possibly one of my favorite makeup items I own.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments