Lip Swatch Saturday: Colourpop Collection pt 1

Lip Swatch Sunday #2! My Colourpop Collection! Keep in mind, these are super super messy, I'm very much not a professional. This time I actually had paper towels at least... but yeah. These are messier products in general... so this took a while. I'm doing the Ultra Mattes on a different day than the others... Cause I just did the Lippie Sticks and Ultra Satins and it was messy. Lol. So I'll do those before I put makeup on so I can wash my face thoroughly. Lol.

Lippie Sticks 

Lumiere- This was the first lippie stick I ever got and I love it! This goes with everything, its comfortable, its matte... but it isn't too matte where it looks unnatural. It wears a pretty long time, its easy to apply... it'll look good on everyone... Do I need to keep selling this cause its awesome? Lol. Not sponsored... but this is awesome!

Silk- This on the other hand makes me hesitant to even try a lippie stick ever again. Its so patchy and hard to apply... I can wear this with a lip balm, I think I'll do a post on how I do this sometime next month maybe cause you can make anything work... but this is pretty terrible and I don't think its available anymore... but this is the worst worst WORST product I own. And I'm sad to say that cause I do love Colourpop... but this is just the worst.
see the patchy awfulness? And this I actually really tried. Lol. 


Ultra Satin 

Okay now onto my favorites... The formula of these are absolutely amazing. They're comfortable, long wearing and they look matte. And you can remove these without much problem too... amazing. If I Come back in a different shirt with more of these... its because I bought more before posting this. Lol. These just came out at the time I'm writing this... but these the eyeliners and the eyeshadows are the best thing from colourpop. 

Frick n Frack- This color passed the Pizza Test! Didn't transfer with pizza... I did a whole first impressions raving about this... but I totally love it.  You can read that first impression here. Its one of my favorite blog posts... lol. But yeah. This is amazing. With Prom and Wedding Season and vacations... I'd recommend getting some of these.
super messy cause I had to get off that awful awful lippie stick before! 


Echo Park- This one didn't pass the Pizza Test... but it passed the brushing my teeth test and its a really nice neutral color that I really really like! This kind of looks like Touch Of Spice... which I had on before but changed it for this and I'm keeping this on cause this goes with my look too. Lol. Love this color! 

I cleaned my lips after this thats why it looks better. Lol. 

Ultra Matte 

So I don't totally love this formula. Its not that comfortable to be honest... and its hard. There is like no time to play with this when it sets... so if you decide you don't like the color with your look or something like that its super difficult to remove. And people say it gives you butt hole lips... which is gross... but it can do that. Lol. 

Solow- I'm not sure if this one was discounted or not... but I still have it so I'm still going to show it. Lol. This is a really pretty neutral color. I like it a lot. I think this one is my favorite. I'm also writing about this while listening to Comedy Bang Bang and its specifically the Solo Bolo Trollo episode... so thats funny. If you like comedy... check out comedy bang bang and if the Solo Bolo Trollo episode is still up... don't listen to that one first but listen to it and then say "Hey I learned about this from a beauty blog" cause That'd be weird. 

So yes. Solow Bolo.
I need to use this more. Perfect pink! 


Beeper- This is maybe a neutral? Maybe the least neutral neutral of all. I put this on and I thought it looked super cool and then my mom was like "do you have black lipstick on?" Lol... So I like this one a lot... But its a weird one.


More Better- I think this and Beeper have the best formulas. This is a pretty color. Its probably the darkest color of all these... but I think Creeper is messier...but yeah. This is nice. I think its a good color. 
see how the other one applied easier? It might be because this was the 2nd one after... but Sollow does have a better formula in my opinion... so I trust the lighter colors> The Darker colors in this line if you don't want to use a lip liner. If you use a lip liner these are wayyy better. This one dried very quickly also, whereas the one in Solow had a little time before it dried down. This is also the second time I applied this... I had it on, forgot to take a picture and took it off... then realized I didn't have a picture and put it back on... this is why I don't do lip swatches lol!!! 

Creeper- I like this color a lot. I tend to gravitate towards the same red shade, like Kat Von D Nosferatu... but this one is brighter and its fun for the summer. I think this is a warmer toned... but I like it. Its a nice color.
And you can see... this was a messy application lol! The upper lip kinda dried down that way... lol... ugh. But I got it off with some purity and paper towel... ugh. It hurt. Lips recovering now! 


So yeah. Hope you like these lip swatches! I have a couple more Ultra Satin lips and 4 of the Matte X Lippie Sticks... I'll swatch those another day. Lol. I'm currently missing a couple of them ugh! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 






Comments