First Impression Friday: Colourpop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick

So I just got these in the mail and I'm super super excited to try these out!

First Try On 
So I have the Shades Echo Park and Frick'n Frack... I put on Echo Park right away, and I'll wear it again tomorrow to get a full day wear test of both of them... but I wanted to give my initial thoughts on applying them.

So right off the bat, they were super comfortable to put on. Right when I first put it on I'm like "Wow this looks almost matte but you can't feel it on the lips." It was awesome... but I will say, it feels a little sticky right now. Its nothing terrible... but its sticky. Its almost like a sticky gloss... but not quite as uncomfortable... it isn't the most comfortable thing ever though... but it does feel better than the Ultra Matte lipsticks.

This was also very easy to apply. I usually have a little trouble with the Ultra Mattes and I need a liner and a really good mirror... but this I just used a little mirror from a palette and it went on really really easily. I really like the way it applied. Idk if I'm using a different technique than I typically do with the Ultra Mattes, Idk if maybe the Ultra Mattes are less messy than I remembered anyway... idk! But this particular color applied awesomely.

So I think it came off when I was eating, and I reapplied it and it transferred when I was drinking my coffee... but the color stayed on really well. It feels more comfortable now too... maybe it was because I used 2 layers on the lips the first time and I just did one layer this time... not quite sure... but I'm really impressed with this. I think if you're getting a colourpop lip product... this is a good
one!

All Day Wear Test:
So today I'm going to wear it all day today. I'm going to use Echo Park again. I'm not going to use a liner or the Too Faced Lip Insurance... I may use that when I try Frick n Frack tomorrow... idk cause I want to give them both a fair shot... but I can't imagine these being that inconsistent.... not sure!

Yeah... these wore down pretty much from eating and talking. But they aren't hard to reapply or anything... so you could definitely reapply it. I like it. The finish is so close to being matte so it doesn't slip or slide, and it transfers and comes off, but that makes it a little easier to reapply and gives a better finish to the lips in my opinion. I would compare this to the Ofra Liquid lipsticks because those are comfy and not super long wearing either. I think the Ofra's are a little messier and a little harder to apply and not quite as comfy... so while I like those a lot... I think I would recommend these over the Ofra's. I wouldn't call them dupes because the formula is pretty different... but if there is a color you like of Ofra's that they have a similar one in the Ultra Satin lips... maybe pass on Ofra and get the Ultra Satin Lip instead. And I love Ofra and they do appear more matte... but I think these are pretty great too.

Okay I was going to test out Frick n' Frack too... but I didn't put on makeup yet today... and I probably will a little bit later... but I can't imagine it being that much different than Echo Park... and I feel like I covered everything I want to say... so That is everything for the day. I would recommend these... if you really like your lipsticks to last all day, these might not be your favorite cause they obviously don't... but if you want something comfortable that will last a while and is easy to apply and looks matte... its good! Its really good. I'd order more.

EDIT: Frick and Frack 
I thought I would update you guys on Frick n' Frack because... that lasted wayyyy better. And I have some pictures to prove it! Lol.

So I put this lipstick on around 2pm and it is now 7pm and it wore really well! I'm really impressed with it! First I used the Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer and then I used an Essence Lip liner in Honey Berry. I put this on over it... and it was a little bit messier than Echo Park. I sort of needed to clean around the Cupid's Bow... but that might be because I didn't do my trick... not sure.

After that I went to Starbucks and I saw A BUNCH of the lipstick around my cup and I figured it was gone... but I took a picture after, didn't touch up... and it was still on! Then I went out to eat and I had 2 slices of pizza... a different pizza than when I put on Echo Park. It was thin crust with a little less sauce (really great btw...) and rice pudding... and the color still stayed on! And its still really comfortable!

So... yeah. I would highly recommend Frick n Frack! That lasted so well! And its not matte... but it looks really matte and doesn't go outside of the lips... so overall super impressed with this. I may need to try Echo Park with a liner... cause maybe that is the trick to making these pizza proof.

Okay here are the pics.

here you can see product on the starbucks cup. This was on the Tati App btw... didn't save it to my photos! 

This is the lip color after starbucks and that transfer! Still on very nice! 

This is the Pizza I ate... you didn't need to see it I guess... but it looked so good! 

I'm not sponsored in any way shape or form btw... but when A product gives results that good after I gave it an "it's okay" type of review... I need to share it! Lol. 





Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Post a Comment