Review: Urban Decay Shadow Box

So I saw this at Ulta for $18... and I've been wanting to try some more Urban Decay lately... cause I really do like Urban Decay, but I haven't tried much from them. This has a lot of shadows that are in their permanent line, and just a lot of fun colors... but some neutrals too.  And I can honestly say... I have a lot of palettes... I don't have anything quite like this and I love that. I feel like this is what I needed in my life.

And I've used pretty much all of these shades so far... and I love them! They're very pigmented... I wouldn't say they are the most long wearing... I think compared to the Naked Palettes, these wear off a little more easily... but they'll still last a long day... if you have an event, these will be fine... with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, they'll last forever pretty much... and yeah. They're good.

I really feel like there are so many combinations you can do with this palette. You could use a colorful shade and the black, you could use sin and then a pop of color on the lower lash line or the outer corner... I did a really pretty orange summery look that I will share soon... you could do a neutral look... endless possibilities with this palette.

There aren't any matte shades... which isn't a deal breaker for me. I have some matte palettes already. I've been using this with the Milani Everyday Eyes palette, which I love but they aren't good to layer together... but even if you have the Elf Mad for Matte palette or something... it'll work well.

So yeah my pros would be this is unlike any other palette, they layer well together, and you could do any kind of look. Cons would be no real matte shades, other than the Blackout color and it isn't the longest wearing palette ever. If you want something colorful, this is a good one. I think it's well worth the $18... I would pay maybe up to $24... I wouldn't buy this for $34... I just think thats a little much... I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on it too much if I didn't have it... but because I have it I really love it and enjoy using it... so I'd recommend it for that.

The packaging also... nothing too amazing. Its pretty, but if I were to travel with it I would be afraid it'd pop open because the magnet isn't all that strong. I'd put a rubber band or hair tie on it to be secure... just in case. Lol. I would still consider traveling with this though just cause there is a lot you can do with this!

So yeah, that's just what I think of that. I'm happy I picked this up and I'll be using it a lot more. Its a good one.

I also swatched the Spectrum palette... which I don't want but ohhhh my gosh... it was awesome. Lol.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

P.S- I think I'll be doing more reviews on Sundays... Not so much in May cause I already pretty much have my May posts written... but yeah. Expect reviews on new products, old products, and any product I could really think of. In May I'll have lip swatches and some reviews of those. And I have a Review Based Instagram called Shannonsreviews... so check that out! And I'll still be reviewing lots of other things on this blog throughout the week because that's just what I like to do. There will be first impressions, Worth it wednesdays, monday musts and all sorts of things... there will just also be full reviews on things on Sundays... so yeah!

Comments