How To-sday: All Drugstore/ Affordable Look (Prom Maybe?) + Learn from my mistakes!

So I wanted to kind of do some sort of "prom themed" looks with some drugstore products. I know its a little early... but my Junior Prom was in March... so I figured might as well get a jump start. And one of the things is an online only product, I used a lot of products for this it might take a while to get the money to get them all... you don't need to have these exact items... but its a suggestion. I also don't totally love the face look... I used too much foundation and I tried using drugstore brushes... which don't work quite as well the way I apply my foundation... so I'll get to that.

Face 
I kinda went back and forth between my face and my eyes... but I thought its just kinda easier to do this week. I primed with the Maybelline Master Face Studio Illuminating Primer... I like this primer... my skin is really dry though so I need something more hydrating. I put on the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation. This is possibly my favorite drugstore foundation... but I used wayyy too much of it! Lol! It doesn't have a pump... so I poured too much on my hand and it looks bad. I tried blending it out with some of the Elf HD powder... and some Maybellline Setting Spray and I blotted it off with a tissue... but anyway back to the look. I used Milani's Rose Blush in Romantic Rose as my blush. This is so pretty and subtle and it'll go with every look. And for highlight I actually used the BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Baked Illuminating and Bronzing palette and I used the shade on the top right on my cheekbones and I Love it.

So I powdered and sprayed a little more after that. I would have used the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes... but I didn't just cause my makeup looked so heavy at that point... but yeah. Thats good.

Eyes 
I primed with the Maybelline Matte eye primer and then went in with the non-glittery side of the Revlon Eye Art Duo in Burnished bling. I used the Palladio Crushed Shadow in Eclipse all over my eye... this is amazing. Its really pigmented... idk how the lasting power is going to be... but I've gotta say it is one of the best inexpensive eye singles from the drugstore. Then I used the Milani Everyday Eyes in the color Earthy Elements and I used the shimmery brown shade thats in the larger squares at the end. And for the crease I went in with the matte brown shade and then the matte orange shade after that... and i like these matte shades. This is pretty good. I used the shimmer shade on my browbone... but then I hated how that looked and went in with the more matte/satin highlight in the bigger square at the end. Then I put a little bit of the glittery side on the Burnished Bling on my inner corner. I went back in with Eclipse because it got a little lost after using the other shadows.

For my eye liner I used Nyx Slide on Glide on in Gilded Gold. These and the colourpop liners are my favorite affordable liners!For Mascara I used the Maybelline Falsies Push Up mascara... this is the only drugstore mascara I have opened. Any mascara that is not cruelty free usually bothers my eyes... but this was all I had... so yeah. Just use your favorite... this is good though. I'd also either go with waterproof or use something like the Ulta Rain Coat Top Coat.

Lips 
I used the Nyx Liquid Suade lip color in Soft Spoken. This is a dupe for Lolita... its a little less matte, but its long wearing and its easy to apply after eating.

Brushes 
I tried to use all drugstore brushes... so I thought I'd let you know what I used:

... omg I totally forgot to finish this post... I'm going to do a separate post about that... so if you're in suspense of what brushes I used or want to know how I would "Correct the mistakes... hang tight! It'll be up soon! I'll link it here when I'm done in case you read this like 10 years from now and you want to know... you can find out. Lol.

Alright done! For Part 2 you can click here.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments