Review: Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette

So I had a Style Saturday planned... and it was actually a haul. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it... but I will and I'll show you the goods. Lol.

Alright first lets address the elephant in the room... the adorable packaging! It is so cute, it looks like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'm not the hugest fan of the tins cause my Chocolate Bar Palette split in 2...but this is still cute and I still like it a lot. Its arranged in a very user friendly way. You can see what colors make sense together. And  this is the best smelling palette that I have. It smells like Tagalong cookies. I think it smells better than the chocolate bars... thats just me. I don't have the peach palette yet... so idk what that smells like... but I love the way this peanut butter palette smells! It makes me want to use it more because it just smells good. I don't think it tastes as good as the Chocolate Bar palette... come on admit it, we've taken some licks of the chocolate bar. Mine wasn't on purpose, I swatched and then licked my hand... but yeah. I know you've tasted your too faced products! Don't lie to me! Lol.

Andddd the colors are really nice. Even with the purples, its arranged in a way that makes sense. If you're just getting into makeup and you see the colors, I don't think its all that scary. You have Bananas which is kind of a staple light gold, Peanut Butter and Nuts About You which are really awesome matte transition colors. There are some nice bronzy shades, Spread the Love is a great neutral shade for a "no makeup makeup look" or for the browbone... there's a lot to do with this palette.

Some cons of this palette. It isn't the most unique. I have the Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette, and a lot of the shades look quite similar. That's not totally a bad thing, because people have different needs. Some people don't like Lorac's formula, Lorac is not a cruelty free brand and the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette is a little easier to use... so if you're a beginner I think the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette makes more sense. I kind of collect too faced and lorac... so yeah... the mattes in this Peanut Butter and Jelly palette are pretty unique. Peanut Butter is in the Semi Sweet Palette, and most people love that color. Nuts About You is a deeper version of that that is pretty too... the too faced Natural Matte does have some orangey mattes... but not quite like this. I think they're all pretty awesome. The Natural Matte, Unzipped Gold and Peanut Butter and Jelly that is... I'm not sure what I just rambled there... lol. I don't have the semi sweet. I don't think I'm going to get the Semi Sweet... it has pretty colors but I don't need it... and thats something I don't want just to collect. So that makes me especially happy that Peanut Butter is available in this palette cause I've always wanted to try it.

Another con I've heard people say is that there isn't really a dark outer corner type of color... and that's kind of a problem for me. You can use Jammin... but I would have maybe liked to see a darker brown. I appreciate the plain white browbone color... but they have those in every palette and it would have been cool to see something different. They could have had peanut butter in a big shade and then put a darker color somewhere. Also people are saying they wish there was more Jelly... idk, I'm okay with the 2 colors. I feel like that's enough without being too much. I like the colors picked out for this palette pretty much.

Also this is a good companion palette. You can get a full look with this, but I have felt a little uninspired sometimes... but I happen to love companion palettes. So I brought in my Lorac Pro Metals with it, I used that for my Monday Musts/ Faces of the week last monday, so if you want to read that I'll link it with another peanut butter and jelly look below.

Overall, I've bene loving this palette. It is becoming one of my favorites and I think its an A+ for formula and ease of use. Its maybe a B for color selection... packaging I have mixed feelings about but A+++ For curtness. And I would recommend this to a friend. If you don't love warm neutrals, you probably won't love this because its very warm... but I like the way that warm colors look on me... so yeah. It's like when someone is more than just a pretty face. Its more than just a cute package. Its useful and fun. And these last on my lid a long time too which I love!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Links 

Monday Musts

How To-sday


Comments