Rose Gold Favorites

So here I'm just going to post all of my favorite Rose Gold Palettes, Shadows, Makeup, accessories, polishes... and things like that. This is in no certain order, they're all really nice and my favorite kind of depends on my mood... but I'll try to break it down into different categories.

Liner 
This might actually be my favorite... I think I was lying. Lol. I've mentioned this many a time on this blog and that is because it is the best. Its one of the best makeup items that exist in my opinion... and its something that you should have in your life... and that is the Colourpop Liner Pencil in Get Paid. The formula of these are the absolute best. It reminds me a little bit of the Stila smudgesticks... but this is wayyyy better. Its so smooth and comfortable in the waterline. There have been several times where I've forgotten to do liner before mascara, but this just glides on so easily its just really nice and works great. And I love Rose Gold in the waterline because it really does brighten up any look... but I think it also goes with most looks. Its not as harsh as just a nude liner either. This is amazing.

If I had to marry one eyeliner and thats all I could use for the rest of my life... it would be this one. Lol. I like the Nyx Slide on Glide on ones also... but yeah.

Shadows 
Now lets go to shadows, the Ulta brand cream eyeliner in Rose Gold is great. This isn't great for making your shadows stick... if you have problems with your shadow lasting... this isn't the first thing I'd go for... but it is a really nice base. I think I actually like this a little more with like a white or champagne looking shadow, last year I used it a ton with Urban Decay's Sin... and its great! I love it.

Next is another sort of primer, but you could use this as an all over shadow too. The Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish in Silk. This is such a nice product. Its pricey... but its so pigmented and I just like these from Pur and I think they're pigmented and they last forever and they are wonderful. They can be a little messy... but once you sort of learn a trick of how to apply them, they are great.

Most of these are cream shadows because that's mostly what I have in single shadow form... I don't buy a ton of singles cause I have a lot of palettes, so I don't use these a ton... but the Colourpop Shadow in Sequin is so pretty! This is the first actual single shadow I ordered from Colourpop and I love it! Its so nice and just a really pretty rose gold. Colourpop has a lot of great Rose Gold colors... and this is a pretty amazing one.

From the drugstore now... Amber Rush by L'oreal. I need to use these shadows more often because they so pretty and nice and easy to apply and last forever. I think I used these before I used primers and they stay on really nice. Really really nice.

Palettes 
The Naked 3 is not my favorite Rose Gold palette to be perfectly honest... but this is getting a big shout out on this list because it is a great palette, I've used it a lot and done a ton of great looks. I love this because this is the first Rose Gold palette, this is kind of what made the Rose Gold thing a big trend and it is absolutely gorgeous. I need to use this more often because I do really love it. Do I absolutely think its worth the price? Not really... its expensive, theres a lot of fallout and there are so many cheaper alternatives that I like better... that this doesn't fully get the Shannon stamp of approval there... but the quality is there and if you have ulta points or something and you want a Naked palette, this is great. If you want an affordable alternative, I'd say try the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette (I think its the 3...) Covergirl, Maybelline and Coastal Scents all have Rose Gold palettes also... and I don't have any of them or the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3... but I do have a Makeup Revolution palette and I think I like their shadows slightly more than Urban Decay... so keep that in mind.

I much prefer the Lorac Unzipped palette for a Rose Gold Palette. This palette is very pretty and I like Lorac shadows a little bit better than most other shadows... but not everyone does... I still think this is a great quality palette. It combines some more berry colors with the rose gold colors and its a little more wearable for everyday than the Naked 3 palette in my opinion. I think Lorac shadows are excellent for their price point. They are usually $42 compared to UD's $54... which I think is a lot more reasonable. And this is a pretty underrated palette from Lorac also. Everyone seems to really like it and everyone on youtube says "one of my favorite looks I've ever done was with the Lorac Unzipped" but I feel like people don't talk about it very much... and they should because its gorgeous! lol.

And I think the Unzipped would be better if you have a darker complexion. The matte colors you would use in the Urban Decay palette are very light and I don't know if they would show up on anyone much darker than me... which is pretty much everyone lol #superpale.

The final palette here is probably my favorite of the bunch, the most universally flattering of the bunch, and the most affordable of the bunch is the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel palette... This palette is amazing! Its great for everyday, but its also great for going out. Its probably one of my favorite palettes in my collection and it is $12.50!!!! BH and Carli really did a great job on this palette. I can't wait to see some of the other collabs they have coming up with Ashley Tisdale and Shannxo... I  think this palette will look great on everyone. If you're in college and you want something pretty to have for going out looks, this is great, if you're looking for something great you could wear to work, this is great. If you want to travel, this is great! I think anyone could have this in their collection it is easy to use and just lovely. They make great shadows and great highlighters. If you have trouble coming up with looks for this, Carli has several on her channel too.

And I think Carli is awesome. Lol I feel like... we aren't similar people at all... but we have a lot in common. I've mentioned this before too. Her birthday is October 15th, 1990, my birthday is October 16th, 1991. She's a Jersey girl that grew up not far from my area... so she's just cool. I really admire her. Lol.

Highlighter 
The Becca Highlight in Rose Gold is a really pretty highlight. Rose gold highlighters and blushes are nice because they can work for every skintone. They work well as blushes or blush toppers for lighter skintones and they work well as highlights and will show up on any skintone. This would work as an eyeshadow too... powder is powder... I've tried some that don't work on the eyes though... but this has a better consistency that would work well on the eyes. And its good! I recommend it!


Nail Polish 
I have lots of Rose Gold polishes... nothing will ever replace my absolute favorite that I actually ran out of last year and I'm really sad about... Designer De Better. Its from the OPI Muppet collection from the first muppet movie... and its just the best polish you could ever have. It was so easy to work with and such a gorgeous color and formula... I really need to buy more OPI cause I keep getting Essie and I really don't like Essie. Lol.

Pop Arazzi from CVS has one that looks like it called Going For Gold and the formula is pretty good. Sally Hansen has a miracle gel polish called Terra Coppa that is also an exact dupe and a little bit of a better formula... but nothing quite compares...

I'm also going to mention Goss and Fairy Lights from Butter London because they're pretty formulas... but they chip if you move a tiny bit... so those don't really get my stamp of approval... but they don't totally suck. Not worth the price, even if you do BOGO Free for Ulta... just not worth it... but they are pretty.

Accessories 
First off I love having a Rose Gold iPhone. I love that they started making it in Rose gold. Its so pretty and that makes me like all my other rose gold things a little more.

Now I'm just going to talk very generally... I think Rose Gold looks good on everyone. I'm light skinned with cool undertones and I don't think gold jewelry looks that good on me... but I think Rose Gold looks a little more flattering on me. And I think if you're mixing metals, rose gold is really pretty to incorporate because it brings the colors together really nicely. I just like it.

I also think Rose Gold watches are very pretty. I know everyone loves the Michael Kohrs watches... I have one from American Eagle that I like as much... lol. Its actually more of a gold than Rose Gold... but they did have a pretty rose gold one. I don't wear watches (other than my fitbit) enough to buy a fancy one so I just get them from regular stores... but in general I think they're nice.

And I like rose gold purses too. I have one from Coach that was in a limited edition collection... but Target had very similar looking ones. Forever 21 has great rose gold purses... its very easy to find because its trendy and looks good on everyone.

I think Rose gold shoes are cool too. I kind of want Rose Gold Converse or something like that cause I think they'd look really cool. I always debate getting the platinum Sperry's but they're so expensive! Lol. I like rose gold sandals too... idk if I have any. I know Target has blingy sandals that are rose gold every year... but TBH they're not worth the price. I think they're like $17 and don't quite last a season... so its not like they're cheap sandals that will last you forever.

That is everything and my sort of tips for this. I really love how versatile rose gold is because its neutral... but its also something a little different that is sort of fun and colorful. And it looks good on pretty much everyone because it is so neutral and different.

Its very nice and I just like it a lot!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments