Drugstore/ Affordable Highlighters That You May Not Know About - All Around $10

So I thought this would be useful. My favorite highlighters for the most part are high end... but you can find some good ones at the drugstore... so this is something to check out for sure! I think I'll start with the more affordable ones and then go up from there... the most expensive ones on the list are like $8... so that's cool! There are some I'm not sure if they are currently available or not... but I'll list them as honorable mentions... and there's an eye palette with some good highlighters that will also be an honorable mention. I'm listing prices just for fun... but prices vary store to store and stuff like that... so keep that in mind... but you can get them all for around $10 with coupons, deals... stuff like that.

And I haven't tried many of the new highlighters in the "contouring" palettes from the drugstore... so these products are kind of older... but that's okay! Old Products are just as good as new releases.

Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petals- $1! 
So this is only $1 and it is amazing! This actually inspired this post cause I was like "Ohhh, let me use this today and see if this is as good as I remember it being" and yeah. Its pretty awesome! I heard Readysetglamour talk about these wayyy back in the day and EmilyNoel83 just mentioned these in a video recently and these are probably the best $1 you could spend at the drugstore. I got mine on sale, too... so its wayyy under a dollar. Its such a good highlight too, its not something that exaggerates my pores too much, and it just really gives that sort of strobed look to the face. Its very luminous and pretty. I have dry skin... but when it gets oily, it doesn't break down or anything.

Readysetglamour always said these were hard to apply. I just dot it right over my blush and blend it out with my fingers or a beauty blender. You could also use a stipple brush... really a nice product. Highly recommend this one... I want to try more of these because I Like this lilac petals so much.

Also I used this almost every day in the summer... and it doesn't look like I've used it at all! That says something! Lol.

Elf Baked Highlighters- $3 
These are pretty amazing! They aren't too glittery. They feel very dry, but you can still see them very well. I feel like these kind of cling to pores a little more because I think Baked highlights tend to do that for some reason... but I think these are great. There's a great dupe for Mac's Soft and gentle in these... blushed gems its called. There's a light one called Moonlight Pearls and a pink one called Pink Diamonds. These are nice, and once I start using these, I don't stop for a while.

Milani Bella Eyes in Bella Champagne- $3.99 
This is an eyeshadow... but it works well as a highlighter too... which is great! Gotta love multi-tasking products! I haven't used this as a highlight in a while... but it looks like Stila's Kitten... which is a great shadow.

Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blush Trio (Peach Perfect)- $6.49 
This whole week I've been using the Peach Perfect trio... and the lightest shade in this is a great highlight for me! Its sparkly and gives such a nice glow! It isn't too in your face either... its just nice. I really like the way it looks. This has been my favorite lately.

Colourpop Smokin Whistles- $8 
These are okay. They're easy to use... but it isn't the most glow-y highlighter in the world. If you're just getting into highlighters, I would recommend this because its easy to use with your fingers and just put on top of blush. They feel very smooth and wet too. I like this. Gotta use it more... but I always want a better glow when I use it. Lol.

BH Wild and Radiant Palette- $8.50 
If you want a glow... you might want this. Lol. This has 2 great highlighters and two that are more bronzer/blushes for me. I don't use them a lot... but the highlighters I loveeeee! They're so good and one is a total dupe for Becca Opal... I like this a lot. I keep coming back to this, even with all the high end highlights I have though.

This is the most glittery of all of these though. Like be prepared for disco strobey cheeks... not for the faint of heart. Lol.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip (Malibu Strip) - 12.99 
This was hard for me to use. I think I'm throwing mine out because its old, it doesn't totally swatch and its packaging just broke... Idk. This was the first highlight I tried and I just didn't like it very much. I didn't really know how to use it though and I didn't have any brushes for it... so that might have made a difference... but I'm throwing it out and I probably won't repurchase. This worked well as a blush though!

Honorable Mentions 

Revlon Skinlights 
I love this! I don't think they're selling this anymore, which is unfortunate because it is a great product. I just used it to mix in with my Infallible foundation... which I really ended up liking a lot! If you can still find this, definitely pick it up.

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette- 12.50 
This has some great highlighters in it as well as eyeshadows. Its so pretty! This is an awesome palette, I think Carli did a great job on this. The shades aren't super unique from each other... but they're really good.

And yeah. These are good! Nyx has good highlights in their Underneath it all palette... Pixi's Ultimate Palette 2nd edition has awesome highlights... and Pixi and Nyx have highlight palettes out now over the "around $10" price... So keep that in mind... but I thought these would be an honorable honorable mention... lol.

Hope you found this helpful! Sometimes the newest items at the drugstore are overpriced and overhyped and these older things don't get any notice!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments