Non-Makeup Favorites: No Makeup Week 2016

So I have been liking a lot of things other than makeup lately... like brushes and just some things I don't always mention as much... so I figured I'd do a non- makeup favorites. This week is going to be sort of a "No Makeup Week" because I have a lot of posts that are not makeup related... so they will be this week. Last year I did something similar and I tried not to wear makeup that week... and I failed... might do that this week but probably not... lol. I just have a lot of non- makeup favorites that I love.

I've mentioned my favorite perfume, Elizabeth and James Nirvana White before... but lately I've also been loving Nirvana Black. I have the full version of the Nirvana White and I just have a rollerball for Nirvana Black... but its really good. I love layering them together, or just wearing it on its own. Both of these scents are really unlike anything else I like that the layering thing isn't just a gimmick or anything. You can smell the difference between the two of them and I like that.

Also scent related, I kind of think the stick deodorant works better than the spray on one... but I've been really liking spray on deodorant lately and I think I might start using this more for a few reasons. First off... if someone needs to borrow your deodorant in a pinch, this is good. Secondly, the stick deodorant always breaks on me and gets all over my floor... and thirdly the sticks leave black residue... this doesn't do any of that. And this has lasted me forever... so I think next time my mom goes to BJ's I'm going to ask her for the value pack because I'm sort of preferring the spray to the roll on. Btw the spray I've been using is the Degree. I think my body is getting more used to it and I'm not quite as stinky throughout the day. Plus its easy to reapply throughout the day. I want to look for travel sizes of this to throw in my purse cause you know if you commute to work or school... you get stinky through the day... Lol. So that is just something I've been liking that I wanted to mention somewhere... but it isn't necessarily that fun.

I've mentioned my Amope Pedi Perfect and Nail Perfect before... so I don't want to mention these again... but I would recommend using some of the Avon Foot Works products with them and the Nivea Cream. Pretty much anything you get in the Avon Footworks line is great... I like the scrub and the overnight cream and I think the lavender is my favorite scent. And the Nivea Cream is kind of an underrated all in one thing. My mom put it in our Christmas Stocking and I love using it on my hands... but someone on the Tati app said that its good on your feet too after using a pumice and she is so right! This is amazing it smells like baby powder... but good... and I just really like it. No one ever talks about this, but its amazing!

The Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm... this doesn't really give my lips a tint... but its so nice and moisturizing... I just really really like the way this makes my lips feel. I have a worth it wednesday on this I think... or its coming... but this is definitely a favorite.

My new storage is another favorite. I have a post on this as well... I'll try to remember to link these once their posted... I'm just using cheep little drawers that I got at Target and one from TJ Maxx. These just make everything more easy and accessible for me, its making it easier to shop my stash... which is another favorite of mine. I love being like "Okay I'm not going to buy anything until this thing is released, and I'm going to shop my stash" I have a whole post on shopping my stash... I think I'll just link everything at the end of this post... That seems easier. Lol. But if you need some storage and you don't want an ikea drawer... these little drawers from target are awesome. It fits so much and just makes me see everything. And now everything has a place! Its awesome.

And a few fashion favorites... first off I've mentioned my Alex and Ani Necklace before... but I love it. Its the Crystal Infusion... its not cheap, I got it with a gift card and on sale... I want to get some charms for it and I have another gift card, so hopefully I'll be able to soon... but this is awesome and I love it.

Secondly... this
This is a Cardigan I got from American Eagle that I just really like. It has fringe and its got like a tribal print and its very warm and blue and pretty. I'm a big fan of it! I have an OOTD on this already I think... or coming soon. Lol. But I love it! It was 60% off and I had a 40% off coupon too... so I was sold. 

And Old Navy has jeans I like now! The Rock Star Hi Rise Skinny Jeans. I'm a size 14 and these are very comfortable and they fit really nice and flattering. I don't like Low Rise Jeans because crack is wack... and sometimes Hi Rise Jeans can feel like a corset... not gonna lie. These don't feel like a corset and they fit really nicely and they're flattering. They don't have a ton of hi-rise in store... but I grabbed 3 different pairs with a coupon and I've been liking them a lot! 

And last but not least... kind of makeup related... Brushes! I've been using a lot of the Tarte brushes from the Stroke of Midnight set. I like the eye brush that they have in there a lot... that is probably my favorite eye brush they have a double ended brush that I think is the same... but double ended brushes aren't my favorite... so I like this. Its really good and packs on shadow nicely. Also the Airbrush foundation brush. This is sooo soo good to just dot foundation on and then blend out. Spraying it with setting spray and then blending it in is my favorite way to use it... but its pretty good on its own too. Not streaky at all! I just really like it. 

Also I've been loving the It Cosmetics You're Beautiful Basics Travel Set. This is just really great.  It comes with a great travel brush, an eye brush that I need to use a little more but I have really been liking it, and a really nice angled liner brush. I need to use that more too... these are pretty basic brushes, you could find these in cheaper sets... but these ones might be better. Lol. 

And last but not least, the Croc Set from BH Cosmetics. This is only $9 and they have sales all the time, and it comes with several useful brushes in a really nice brush roll. My favorite blush of all is the blending brush for the crease, but theres a nice angled brush and a blush brush also. Its a really nice, basic set that I'm really really liking and I just think its great for beginners, or if you just don't have anything quite like it. 

Links 
Tarte Stroke Of Midnight Brush Set- review here 

Amope Pedi Perfect Review- right here 
Foot Care Routine... coming soon! 

Style Saturday w/ cardigan and jeans here 

Fragrance Friday: Nirvana White and Nirvana Black... Coming Friday! 

Worth It Wednesday: Fresh Sugar Lip Balm... Coming Soon! 

It Cosmetics Brush Set Worth it Wednesday... Stay tuned! Near future! 

Makeup Storage... Right Here 

Shop My Stash- Check it here! 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments