Monday Musts! 3.7.16

So even though this is No- Makeup Week here on the blog, I'll be talking about all things besides makeup... I wanted to do my Monday Musts anyway and there is some makeup here. Lol.

1) Lorac Unzipped Palette- This is part of me shopping my stash, and I actually loveee this palette. Its one of my favorites... I would say this may be my 2nd favorite palette currently available... idk... lol. This is a really pretty palette, you can do so many great looks with this and I think it just makes me feel pretty! So happy I shopped my stash for this one because it is awesome!

2) Revlon Photo Ready Eye Art in Burnished Bling+ Palladio Crushed Shadow in Eclipse+ Milani Everyday Eye Palette in Earthy Elements- So I thought I'd do this as a combo because I don't want to mention all eyeshadow in this post... And really these all work best together. This is like the perfect combo. I don't love the milani palettes on their own because they don't layer that well... but they look good with single shadows! The Palladio shadows are super pigmented and some of the best from the drugstore. They actually remind me of the Kat Von D Metal Crush shadows! Idk if there are any dupes in the lines... but they feel similar in texture. And I just love the Photo Ready Eye Art. Its a great base for any shimmery shadow and it works well on its own too... But I loved the look I created with these 3 things. I feel like for Prom, the Eye Art Duos are great!

3) Pur Eye Polish in Silk-Another favorite that I just needed to mention. This goes very well with the Unzipped palette because its just a very nice rose gold base... and i just like it a lot! This is a great base... and I just really like it. Its nice!

4) Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips- So I ordered a couple of these and I did a First Impression of them on Friday... and I like them. They remind me of the Ofra Liquid Lipsticks. They're very comfortable... not very long wearing... but I really like them! They go on easily and they feel comfy. These aren't my favorite colourpop product ever... I think their liners are my favorite... but these are really nice!

Update from the First impression by the way: Echo Park was not pizza proof... but Frick n Frack is starbucks proof. I'm thinking it might be pizza proof cause I have a liner and Too Faced Lip Insurance... but I had the too faced on with Echo Park too... so idk. I may test if this is pizza proof. I might have pizza tonight! Not sure.

5) Pixi By Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd Edition... Highlighters- So... this isn't available anymore... but Pixi does have some contouring kits and highlighting kits that I think I'm going to have to check out eventually because the highlighters in this kit are what made me love highlighting. They are so good! They remind me of the Anastasia Glow kit! I would use a small brush, like the Real Techniques setting brush or the highlighting brush that came in that kit that came recently. Pixi is a good brand that I think I'm going to try some more things from next time I go to target... they're pricey. I wouldn't really call them a drugstore brand... but they aren't horribly expensive. I used the eyeshadows in this today (thursday) too and I need to reach for this more often because these are amazing! I really like it.

6) Maybelline Master Fix Setting Spray- This setting spray is really good and for a setting spray its not very expensive. Its like 9.99... which is pretty good for drugstore right now. Lol. I don't know if setting sprays are really life changing or anything... but this is really nice!

7) Maybelline Master Prime Prime and Matte primer- This is an eye primer that I like. It has a warning of being flammable... so don't use it near an open flame... but I wouldn't recommend using any makeup near an open flame. If you're really close to an open flame... back the f- away! Lol. I feel like the packaging for this is going to be hard to use when its at the bottom because its glass with a rubber stopper and the wand is tiny... so I feel like that might not be good... but I liked it this week. I guess I probably won't like it as much if I applied it near an open flame... lol. Don't apply makeup by an open flame! Major PSA!

And on that note... I'm gonna go! Lol. I feel like I covered a lot here.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments