Review: Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush

So this is something Old. Maybe before my sisters wedding I'll do Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue... I don't think I'll really do Something Borrowed though cause that's gross... but yeah.

I've mentioned this many a times, but EmilyNoel83 has mentioned this several times recently as one of her favorite products... and I trust her reviews and really like them... so if she's raving about something... I've got my wallet ready. Lol.

And this is a pretty great value for the price cause you do get 2 blushes and a highlight for $6.49... and I like that a lot! Lol. The blushes are both different enough on the cheeks that you do get similar... but distinctly different looks when you use each of the blushes. And I guess you could use the lightest shade as a blush also... but it works so well as a highlight.

These are very pigmented, but easy to blend out to look normal. They aren't totally the longest wearing... but they still show up on me at the end of the day... which is pretty impressive. I wasn't really expecting much because its a drugstore blush and I just didn't think it would really hold up... but it does!

The big con of this product is probably the packaging. Its small, you aren't getting a ton of product... but for the price, thats pretty fair. Its also not like a fancy packaging or anything. Its just 3 blushes next to each other with a crappy (although not totally useless) brush.

Also the marketing of this doesn't really work by todays beauty standards... people don't typically use blush to contour today... especially with all the contouring palettes and contour colors. Especially the peach palette... but you don't need to contour for defined cheekbones. The glowyness and the highlighter helps with that a lot...

And yes these have a great glow to them. It reminds me a little of the Nars Orgasm blush... but its more wearable.

So yeah, this does give instant cheekbones, and in general... just a great blush! I would highly recommend checking these out while they're still out at the drugstore... not sure this product will still be at the drugstore by next year... but show it some love!

Don't think I mentioned, but I have Peach Perfection, would be great.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments