Review: Nyx Ultimate Warm Palette and Ultimate Cool Palettes

So I saw these palettes and I've seen some reviews on them and most of the reviews are like "VISEART DUPES FROM NYX???" or something along those line...

And they aren't! I've never tried a viseart palette, I see that the colors are similar... but there's no way you're going to find a viseart dupe in a drugstore product. Well... I shouldn't say that. I'm thinking no these just have similar packaging to viseart... but unless you look up the ingredients and they're similar no. I've seen swatches of them on youtube and I don't think these swatch anything like that... but yes. Lol. Its just if you like the packaging of the viseart and you want to try it in a drugstore version... this would probably be a good option. Other than that I don't think its a miracle dupe for an $80 palette!

But anyway onto the actual review!

Neither one of these are very long-lasting on me. When I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion I think its a little bit better... but other than that nothing that really works all that well. These might be good with a liquid shadow.

I think the Warm Neutrals is a little bit better formulated than the cool neutrals. The colors are a little more pigmented and they blend a little easier. I've heard orange/warmer shadows are usually a little easier to formulate... so maybe thats why but yeah.

Theres another thing I kind of noticed with these... they look a little like the Peach Palette. And I don't think there are any shade for shade dupes... but if you want the peach palette for the colors, these 2 palettes have some similar ones. Especially the Warm Neutrals. It also looks a little like the Morphe 35O palette. So if you like the colors of the Morphe but don't like the big packaging... or if you don't like Morphe... I don't like that they block all their haters personally... I don't think that would make me not want to buy them... but I haven't bought it yet, partially because of that... anyway getting ahead of myself... lol. This isn't a morphe review...

So back to your regularly scheduled Nyx Review... anyway these are also great because you can also get a ton of looks with these palettes and they're nice and compact. So if you go to work on public transportation and you're running late... these are a good thing to put in your purse and do your makeup on whatever public transit you're on. If you travel, these would be great too. You could pack both of them and they aren't bulky or anything! They're really great.

But do I love these? Yes. They aren't the best, I don't regret purchasing them though, I'll continue to use them... I honestly probably won't wear them a ton. Should you buy them full price? No. That's expensive lol! Its half the price of a Too Faced smaller palette... so I'd just say to go for the Too Faced... but if you can get these on a good sale... even just Buy one Get one half off... its good. I did it BOGO half off and I think that's fine. I think the mattes are good and the shimmers are good, and if you want a good smaller palette that still has a lot of colors... $18 really isn't a bad price. Actually the more I'm thinking of it... $18 is pretty fair. Lol. Its not bad at all because there are a lot of shades... and its better than drugstore quality! Its $18 quality... it might not be the best ever... but for the price I think its quite good.

I loved some of the looks I did with the Cool Neutrals palette, but I have to say the Warm Neutrals is a little bit better. I would swatch these in store and if you like it, grab some. Wait for a sale... but it is worth $18 I think. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon
.

Comments