Top 10 Thursday: Top 10 Travel Makeup Palettes

1) In The Balm of Your  Hand- This palette literally has a little bit of everything. There are shadows, a contour, blushes, a highlight and some lip products. I haven't actually traveled with this yet... but its really easy to come up with great looks with this. Maybe I'll Challenge Myself to use just this for one week... for eyes and cheeks... interesting. Lol. I think this might still be on the balm's website... if not I'm sorry... but if you have it... you should use it. Lol.

2) Tarte Showstopper Palette- This is another great all in one palette... and its an all in one palette from Tarte... so you know you're getting a good blush with the whole thing! I love the blush bronzer and highlight, maybe even more than I love some of the shadows... lol but I do really like the shadows still... this is another one I should just use for a week. All in one palettes are good to do that with... so I think thats a thing I'll do on this blog in the future. They might not all be products still available... but if you have them you could dig them up and use them! Lol.

3) Tartelette in Bloom Palette- This one has the best packaging of any palette, in my opinion. Its so sturdy and the close is nice and just looks bright and fancy! In my Palette smack down I mentioned that this is a really quick palette to come up with looks for. Its easy and fast and it just works really well. I'm a big fan and I would probably travel with this. If you wanted to bring a few single shadows to get some different looks than just what the palette allows... so thats great!

4) Kat Von D Shade n Light Quad in Plum- I have traveled with this and it was really good. For my sister's bachelorette party I packed this with the Nars duo in Kauai and I really liked how those went together. They both traveled nicely together and if I wanted to do more calm makeup for the next day, I could just use the palette on its own in the morning. Or you could probably do a nice one-shadow look with this!

5) Lorac Pro Metal Palette- I think this is my favorite lorac pro palette. Lol. Its really a surprisingly amazing palette, it has a lot of different color options and the formula for the Lorac metal shadows is amazing! There's a lot you could do with this palette. The packaging is really nice and I just really like it.

6) Nyx Ultimate Shadow Palettes- I used the Cool Neutrals palette last week and I thought the size, the amount of shadows and the sturdiness of the packaging would make this an awesome travel palette. There are a lot of different options for this one... but if you're going away for a few weeks, this might be a good thing to bring because it won't really take up a lot of room and you could get a variety of looks from it.

7) Coastal Scents Revealed Palette- This is another palette with good, sturdy packaging and a lot of shadows. I only have the original revealed palette... and to be honest, I haven't used it much... but the formula is good and there are 20 shades... so its a lot to choose from. Its also supposed to be sort of a Naked 1&Naked 2 dupe palette... and I don't think the packaging of the Naked palettes is the best for travel... so this works pretty well for that!

8) Juvia's Place Nubian 2 palette- This is my favorite palette. The packaging is great, there are lots of options for color and it isn't hard to work with at all! This is another thing that will work with any skintone too. These are so pigmented and they look gorgeous on women with darker skintones. It's one of those palettes that's all over instagram, you probably know it more from there than the actual name.

9) Covergirl Truenaked Palettes- These are great palettes and the size and the packaging is very travel friendly. You could bring all three of them if you have them and you really wanted to! Or you could just bring one. On instagram I mentioned that the Lorac Pro Metals is one that if you were late and you wanted to do some eye makeup, you could totally slip that palette in your purse and do any kind of look... the Covergirl Palettes are also like that. The packaging isn't as great and it could crack if you do that... but its also not bad at all, and I think it'll be okay. And these are pretty affordable. They aren't cheap for drugstore, but they aren't very expensive either.

10) Too Faced Natural Matte Palette- This is probably the least favorite palette packaging wise. I don't love the too faced packaging. My chocolate Bar palette is in half right now... so yeah. Lol. This is my favorite palette though, and I think having a matte palette and then some single shadows could be great. And this is a unique matte palette because you can really do a lot of looks with it!

Byeee! Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon

Comments