Made in America Makeup Look

So this wasn't really a challenge... but I noticed I've been getting a lot of makeup that is made in the USA lately and that is kind of on purpose but not really... I love the Juvia's Place Nubian 2 Palette, which I believe is made in china... and its a great palette, totally recommend... but it does kind of hurt my eyes if I use it too much... and sometimes the palettes that are Made in China do that. Whatever works for you works for you.... it is what it is... I just appreciate brands like Colourpop, Jouer and Makeup Geek that are not made in China. So this isn't meant to shame brands that are made in China or bad mouth any brands... its just kind of a challenge that I came up with for myself and I wanted to do that... Not a political or ethical issue... these are the products I've been using everyday anyway for the most part... I just thought this would be fun.

Ironically... my eyes kind of hurt right now... so... who knows. Lol. My allergies are bothering me, that's probably why. 

Face 
I primed with the Urban Decay One n Done, which is a tinted moisturizer I use a lot for primer. I never used it with the Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation Concentrate. I actually used my fingers for this and it worked out well. I then used the Becca Blushed with Light Palette and I used the shade Snapdragon for my blush. This is pretty... kind of hard to find a blush palette made in the USA... but this one says it is! So yeah. Then I used the Makeup Geek Kathleenlights Highlight palette and I used the shade Starlight... and I kind of loved it, so I used it on my nose and on my cupids bow too. And I used Benefit's Erase Paste concealer. 
That highlight tho... 

Eyes 
I primed with the Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish in Cashmere... this isn't my favorite. I'm sort of trying to pan it, I was going to throw it out... but I think it works nicely as a primer. Then I used the Jouer Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette. I used Sand all over the lids, desert as a transition and dark chocolate in the crease. And on the outer corner I used Suade... which is broken in my palette and it just looked really good. I think I used the Colourpop Honeydude Liner and for mascara... surprisingly L'oreal Voluminous is made in the USA... idk... but it says that... so yeah? 
Eeek... still not very good at posing, especially to get the eyes... I will get used to this. Lol. 
Lips 
Beach Bunny from Makeup Geek's Plush Matte Lipstick Line... which I kind of love so far! 

Byeee! Hope you like this look! 
-Shannon

Comments