Everyday Face Makeup Routine January 2017

So I realized that lately, I've been kind of just using the same face products for the entire month with few exceptions... so I wanted to show kind of what I've been doing with my face lately. This is what I have in a lot of my How To-sdays that are coming up... and some of my previous ones I believe... I just thought I would go through it!

First I prime with the Smashbox Primer Water. I really like this stuff and I'm trying to use this up... so that's just what I've been using lately. Then I take the Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation concentrate, I use one pump, dot it over my face, blend that in and then I do another pump and do the same thing to build up the coverage a little bit. I don't really have a specific blush that I use with this... kind of just whatever is available. I used the Real Techniques Total Face Brush today... it just doesn't work well with a sponge... so the brush is pretty key!
here it is before blending... 



For blush I've been using the Becca Blushed with light palette, today I'm wearing Songbird because I'm doing "cheek swatches" of the Kathleenlights highlight palette and this seems to be a good base for that. I've been using the Royal and Langnickel Stipple brush for this brush. I just got this brush set at TJ Maxx and I like it a lot... this was a 13 piece brush collection though, and I only have 10 brushes from it... so idk if I can totally 100% recommend it... I don't regret buying it... but I'm conflicted as to whether or not I can 100% recommend it.

Then as I said, I use the Kathleenlights Makeup Geek Highlight Palette. Today I have on Sunlight, which is the warmest and darkest highlight in the palette on. I like that color more than I was expecting too. And for this I used the angled Royal and Langnickel brush that I think is supposed to be for contouring... I use it to highlight and I like it. It works okay. I highlight my Cheekbones, which is on top of your blush kind of and on my nose and cupids bow. Idk how much I like the "highlight on my nose" look... but honestly I started doing it whenever I felt more confident... so now I just do it because it does make me more confident. And this brush is nice and precise for getting the nose and cupids bow! So I like that a lot!

Then I usually just use the Smashbox Primer Water to set the makeup. Sometimes I'll go in with a powder if I go too overboard with the highlight, but I haven't been doing that recently... and yeah. I just like how this all looks together. Easy, I could definitely change up the colors in the palettes if I felt like switching things up a bit... but that has been my routine lately.

And when I did a closeup of my face I realized it looked kinda streaky... so I used the beauty blender to help it... I think it's just the lighting and the extreme close up that made it look this way... but full disclosure... I maybe should have wet the beauty blender beforehand.

looks a little scary this close up... lol.

cheeks! 

this is exactly what I did yesterday minus the beauty blender and it looks a little bit better... so yeah. 

I'll probably do more of these whenever I find that I'm in the same kind of foundation routine consistently... so it might end up being once a month... it might be less than that... but I like this and I think I'll keep it up!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments