Worth It Wednesday: Makeup Geek Kathleenlights Highlight Palette/ Makeup Geek Highlighters

So I haven't had this product for that long... but I want to give a review on it as soon as possible because it is limited edition and I'm not sure how much longer they're going to have it... it could be useful to know if the Makeup Geek Highlights are any good in general because those are still available and probably a similar formula.

First Impression 

The pans in these are HUGE! I think it's the same size as a full size makeup geek highlight... and it's $39 I think too... so that's a good value! I got it on sale... so I got a slightly better price... but yeah. It's a really good palette!

The packaging is also really beautiful. It has the makeup geek logo and this print that reminds me of when they had the posters for the Baz Luhrmann Great Gatsby (with Leonardo Decaprio) Just really classy. The outer packaging was a cardboard slip with Kathleen Lights name and her signature logo on it... it's very pretty and you can see there was a lot of time spent on this. Really nice.

And from my initial hand swatch I was kind of surprised that they all looked like they could work on my skintone. The darkest one, maybe I'll kind of use as a bronzer or I could use the Custom Enhancer Drops in Celestial underneath to lighten it up a little bit... or I could just mix it. They feel very soft... but not like "Ohhh do I have to worry about this shattering" soft... I can't really say for sure at this point... but yeah. It feels nice.

On The Cheeks 

I'm going to show what each shade looks like on the cheeks with Becca's Songbird Blush on as the blush for each cheek... just for consistency.

Nightlight 
I was afraid this would look a little bit too yellow for my skintone or that it was a little too warm... but it looks fine. It just kind of looks like the light actually caught my cheekbone. I used this with a brush from Royal and Langnickel brush that I think is for contouring... but it's really small, so I use it for highlight. The blush I applied with a Royal and Langnickel Stipple blush if that helps. Yeah. I was happy with this! Its very pretty.

Starlight 
I love this one! I think this one definitely looks the highlighty-est on the cheekbones. Also look at my little wing there! I love it! Lol. I'll have a makeup look on this on Tuesday I think! But yeah, same products as in the last picture  applied with the same brushes... just a different highlight from the palette. 

Sunlight 
This looks a little bit more gold in person... but again, it looks natural and bold at the same time. Its shimmery... but it does look like the light hitting your face. 


Swatches
I just thought it might be useful to see swatches on my arm also.

I guess its easier to tell the difference on my arm... but they're in the same order from left to right as what I swatched... so yeah!

Overall I think this is worth it! I actually think its a pretty good deal... maybe the best deal I've talked about on Worth it Wednesday so far!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments