Worth It Wednesday: Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation Concentrate

This is a foundation that sort of surprised me. The first time I used it, I wasn't that happy. It kind of just sat on my skin without looking good... but after I figured out how to use it better and I played with it a bit more it's become one of my favorites and I'm really happy with it. I think I would purchase this again over the Too Faced Born This Way... that's how much I like it.



Why I didn't like it at first 
I was on a beauty sponge kick when I first started using this... so I was using it with the Real Techniques Sponge... and for some reason I just don't like that very much. I was also mixing it with the Cover Fx Custom Enhancer Drops... which I love... but this I just didn't like very much mixed with this foundation... so I haven't been using that as much lately which is sad... but I am still happy with how my foundation has been looking with the Fiona Stiles Foundation as long as I use a brush and not a sponge.

Primers? 
I've used this with a lot of different primers... and it's worked with all of them! I think the Urban Decay One N Done might be my favorite with this. The Maybelline Illuminating Primer is also good. I think I used it with the Benefit That Gal before I ran out of that. I like it with the Smashbox Primer Water, which is what I've been using most lately... and I think that is everything. It worked well with all of those... I just need to try it with the Covergirl primer that I have and I think that is everything!

Brushes? 
As I said... no beauty sponge. I think I actually like this best applied with my fingers. Here's a picture of that... which is also at the beginning of the day... transition to my next post!

Extreme Close up! 

Farther Away up! 

How Does It Last? 
I don't really get oily throughout the day... so I'm not the best judge of this... but it definitely looks the same on me when I apply it and when I'm about to take it off. It doesn't wear. If I touch my face it doesn't make a different... and it just looks great. My blush and highlight have been staying on too. It's just been good. I like it a lot.
End of day face... you can still see my blush and highlight, although not in this picture. This was maybe 9-10ish. 

Coverage/ Finish 
I would say 2 pumps is about medium coverage. It has a slight dewy finish... but not too bad. I don't know how this would look on oily skin... but it might not be too bad. I like the coverage and the finish. It looks nice with my skin I think!

Color Selection 
There are only 10 colors. And only one for deep skintones... that kind of makes me angry. There is no reason for there to be only one option for deep skintones.  That kinda just sucks.

Packaging 
The packaging is super nice. There is a pump and its glass with a fancy looking purple cap that only goes on one way... and I like that. It's nice! It makes me feel fancy! And it looks like you're getting a lot and the price isn't that high. I think there's as much if not more as the Too Faced Born This Way... but its $30 as opposed to $39... it's good!






Good Things About The Brand 
It was created by a makeup artist. It's supposed to give more natural looks, and I believe it is all cruelty free and made in the United States... which are all really great! I totally give it bonus points for that!

So overall I think it's worth it. I have the lightest shade if you were wondering... and I just like it a lot. I mean out of all the things there are 2 negative things... once I realized what worked and what didn't for the foundation I liked it a lot. It's a really good one for a price that isn't bad. Definitely worth it! If you want to see my "Everyday Face Makeup" Routine that I've been using this month, check it out right here. I want to post me actually wearing the products in these Worth It Wednesdays just to give more of an idea if you want to see it yourself and if you like it... but since I did the foundation routine with this already... I thought that would be good enough... I'm a little bit more detailed about it there.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments