Blogmas Day 3: Smashbox Drawn In Decked Out Blush+ Contour First Impression

So I don't really like doing first impressions... but because this palette is a little older and it is already in the sale section at Ulta... I'm just going to talk about it because I don't know how hard it'll be to get. I'm sure it'll be available at Cosmetic Company Outlets and other discount retailers in the future... but it might be harder to get soon... and *spoilers* I like it and want to make sure you get it on sale!

So so far with this I've used the Contour shade, the highlight to go with that, one of the blushes and 4 of the eye colors.

I think the thing I'm most impressed with so far is the blush. The formula is just so smooth and pigmented but it doesn't look weird on the skin or apply to much. The last few days I've been using blushes from a BH Cosmetics palette and those applied a little weirdly... this was just a really nice change. The colors of these blushes are nice too, there's like a nice light pink (which oddly... I don't have a lot of) and a peachy shade. The Pink shade was what I used today and I loved it.

I also liked the contour prouducts quite a bit! These are the same shades that are in their contour palette. I have a contour palette from a 500 point perk that I got last year or the year before... and I liked that... but this is a lot smoother and it almost melts into the skin its so nice! The way the palette is designed does make it a little tricky to get out with a brush... but I still really like it. The powder highlight from this part is also really nice. I used it under my eyes today and kind of like a setting powder or to powder over highlights that looked crazy... so that was nice.

The eyeshadows are also really great. These are all really nice neutral shades. There are some little bits of color- but nothing that seems random or out of place. The shadows all performed really nicely and blended really well... this is a really good palette to do a quick look with. These maybe aren't the most fun looking shadows compared to something like the Lorac Mega Pro 4 or something... but these work really well and they almost remind me of the Mac shadow I tried.

I also like the packaging. It's really big- but it's not bulky at all and it utilizes the space it has really well... it's got something all over! It bothers me when there's a huge palette that just has an eyeshadow quad and then a few other products and there's just a lot of space in the palettes... this just utilizes the space really well.

You could totally use it for travel. It won't take up much room in your travel makeup bag... plus you'll only need a few other products with this... and the packaging is pretty and it has a holographic package... so it looks like it's moving and it's awesome. The stars look like they're bursting when you use it... it's just really great!

It comes with a big mirror- which is great! It came with stickers too which is a lot of fun!

And... yeah. That's about it! Smashbox is cruelty free but owned by a parent company that tests. It's only available at Ulta I think... maybe the Smashbox website too. It's supposed to be a holiday set... but I'm thinking it'll sell for a while on sale or at discount stores. I'm not sure if Macy's or Sephora carries this... but I don't think either of them do. It's $30 on sale now... something like that... which is pretty great! And I think it would be a great gift for someone. Maybe not the most fun palette- but it's very practical. If someone just does neutral looks- they would love this... someone that travels a lot would probably use this a lot... and maybe a beginner to makeup. I feel like Smashbox is a good, trusty brand to start out with... and usually you can find their stuff a little cheaper.

So that is everything! Hope you guys like it! Stay tuned for Friday for another blogmas review. I'll probably update on this a little more as I use it a little more.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments