2017 Beauty Favorites: Eyes!

Alright the eyes! This is the most exciting category! I think I'm going to start with the non-palette favorites and then we'll go back to the palettes!

For Primers I feel like I have some more favorites than usual... First off- the Milani Eye Primer. This is a great primer... it's been out forever and I don't know why I've never tried it! It's just really great! I'm just finishing up a tube and I have a back up.

Another favorite primer is from Ulta. Their regular Matte eye Primer is good... but the Satin Blush primer is the best... its a gorgeous color and I really, really love it. It is great.

The Nyx Glitter Primer is another favorite... this one does make a difference with glittery shadows! It is pretty great!

For mascara I have a few favorites too! The L'oreal Voluminous Lash Primer has been a surprise hit. I don't always use that extra step of having a mascara primer... but I still like it a lot! The Lash Paradise Mascara-also from L'oreal is really great as well. I love it! It's so nice and pretty. That's the mascara that I am currently using and I like it a whole lot as well!

Another drugstore favorite is the Essence Lash Princess... the one I used is in the green tube. I love it- it just works really well and it lasted me a long time before drying out... so I was impressed with that.

The only high end favorite is the It Cosmetics Superhero... this just makes my lashes look awesome. My baby niece was born with the most beautiful eyelashes and this mascara makes me feel like I have eyelashes like hers... lol.

For Eyeshadows in single form- I really like the Mac All That Glitters Shadow... I haven't used it a ton... but I have used it enough to say this is awesome. I understand the big deal about Mac eyeshadows now... they work so well and they're just so so good. It was like that shadow was supposed to be on my eye.

My other favorite was from Stila... the  Magnificent Metals in Kitten Karma. This is just a fun shadow... I don't use it a ton because it is kind of messy... but it is gorgeous and I like it a lot. It's funny when I used it the first time my grandfather said "What's that on your eyes" and my mom was like "Ohhh she put glitter on it." It was kind of funny. After the Oscars I tried to do an eye look like Emma Stone's eye look at the Oscars... but I didn't have the Glitter Glue back then... so there was some fallout!

Nyx Glitter Glue helped a lot with that!

For palettes- My favorite is the Modern Renaissance. I got that towards the end of last year... it is still my number 1 pick of this year... I really love that palette.

My favorite Palette from the summer was actually one of the Milani Everyday Eyes palettes- the one in essential shimmers... that one is just really nice and shimmery and pretty. I have a lot of fun with that one.

My favorite collection releases this year were the Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquiat colletion, the Tarte Make Believe In Yourself collection and the Besame Snow White Collection. I really thought Tarte and Urban Decay did something good and unique for these collections... it was different than their usual collections and they were kind of risky. The Snow White Palette I haven't tried yet, but the other palettes are good... and I did use them a lot.

I liked the Peachy Mattes release too... I didn't try any of those products but I thought the collection was pretty cool.

I think my favorite things that I tried this year were from Huda Beauty. The Warm Brown and Mauve obsessions are beautiful palettes. I also want to mention the Desert Dusk palette because I've been loving that so much lately... it is kind of early to say it's a total favorite yet... but I do really love it. I've been having fun with those palettes!

I really loved the Nars Fully Loaded Palette too. I used this palette a lot when I wasn't reviewing anything or trying to do something specific I would always reach for this palette or one of the Anastasia palettes... so that's how you can tell I really loved these palettes.

Another drugstore favorite: Ulta Melissa Michelle. What a fun all in one palette! I really liked this!

My 2 favorites towards the end of summer beginning of fall were the Laura Geller Uptown Chic and Downtown Cools... these are just really nice palettes- I had a lot of fun using them and reviewing them.

I'd still say my #1 recommendations for all of this are the Milani Eye Primer and the Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions palette... I just think these are really great. You could get a lot of looks with these and they're just very pretty and really good quality. The Milani Eye Primer works really well as a primer and that's what I will continue to use!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments