Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions Review!

Heyyy guys! So the day is finally here! I've used the Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions palette 10 times... all sorts of different ways and different circumstances... let's just get into it!

Overview 
So I had swatched some of the larger Huda Beuaty palettes... I've heard great things- but I couldn't really deal with the price or the textures... some swatched like nothing... some just weren't for me... My friend Sherri Ward (check out her channel!) highly recommends the Desert Dusk palette... I haven't tried it yet... but I did end up getting 3 of these mini palettes! They are all quite different too so I'm probably going to review them separately.

This tiny palette has 9 shades in it all in the warm brown variety if you couldn't guess... 8 of the shades are matte and one is a shimmer. The mostly matte shades kind of sold me on this palette because the shimmer shades in the desert dusk palette were the ones I was skeptical about... but honestly this shimmer shade is awesome! So yeah... thats why I ended up with 3 of these Obsessions palettes... they really are Obsessions!

Coming Up With Looks... 
So coming up with looks for this palette is kind of easy... but its a little limited. There are only 9 colors so you aren't going to get limitless looks like you can get with something like the Lorac Mega Pro Palettes- which I also recently reviewed... that being said- sometimes I look at the Lorac Palettes for several minutes going "WHAT AM I GOING TO PUT ON MY EYES?" just because there are so many options... whereas this I can just look at and do a quick look with.

Quick Looks... 

This is a great palette for quick looks... although sometimes when I've done quick looks the crease doesn't look blended enough and it's kind of harsh. It doesn't necessarily take a long time to blend... but if you cut like 30 seconds off your eye look... it'll look a little unblended and harsh.

It is easy to come up with looks in a hurry... I like that this has one very specific color scheme to it because that just makes it a lot easier. If they had combined all these obsessions palettes into one big palette and they didn't lay out the shades right... I think that would be weird and not quick look friendly unless you are a color genius... which I am not. I would be overwhelmed lol.

All Matte Looks... 
This might be one of the better palettes for me with all matte looks. Sometimes when I do an all matte look I feel like you can't see it on me or it just looks like I put one color on my eyes... but this one has a bit of a better flow to it and I like that a lot.

Shimmer... 
Usually once I have an all matte look though... I'll put the shimmery shade on the center of my lid... and it just looks so foiled and gorgeous. I love it.

Are There Other Similar Palettes Out There? 

So I don't have the Naked Heat, Tartelette Toasted or Just Peachy Mattes... but I think this goes into that family. There is a peach shade in here that would definitely be nice for a peachy matte look... there are some plums in here for a more sunset type look and some oranges for nice orangey looks. Might be a little like the Modern Renaissance Palette as well... but these are just popular colors for a reason and this palette is very trendy and just pretty cool!

How is it Compared to Other Palettes I've reviewed recently? 

Much Better than the Lorac Mega Pro 4... it's just nice to come up with looks for and I haven't had a shade that's frustrated me yet!

Compared to the Laura Gellar Formula... it's a little different. I think the mattes in the Huda Palettes feel a little softer and I've had more luck doing all matte looks with this. I do think it can compare to the warm little quad inside the Downtown Cools Palette.

The shimmer shade in this does kind of remind me of the Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette... and I think I like this just as much as that palette... this one is more travel friendly and I think I'll get more use out of this day to day... maybe not. I don't know- but both palettes have made me happy to do my makeup and I always like that feeling!

I hope this was Informative! Let me know if you're thinking about buying this palette and what you think about it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments