Blogmas Day 8: The Best Gift For Makeup Beginners? It Girl Palette First Impression.

Okay... so I don't always do first impressions... but I have some pretty good ideas of this palette already... so I thought I would do a full review on it. I'm going to do a pros and cons and then a little wrap up of why I think this is the best palette for beginners.

Let's start with the Cons!

Cons! 

EDIT: MAJOR CON!!! MY PACKAGING BROKE! IT'S JUST AT THE TOP CORNER... STILL USABLE BUT TRICKY TO CLOSE AND I'M AFRAID THE REST WILL BREAK OFF TOO... SO THAT KIND OF SUCKS... AND DEFINITELY NOT WORTH $48! 

This palette is overpriced. I think it will go on sale sometime soon... but the pans of this are very small... the blush isn't that big... the eye foundations are a little bigger... but there's no real reason for 2 of these shades in the palette... it's just a little odd. Kind of a gimmicky idea. I don't know how I feel about that. $48 is just a lot for this palette that is essentially 2 eyeshadow quads, 2 larger browbone shades and one blush... that's just not enough for $48 for me.

It's also a little bit boring. I have 3 palettes from It Cosmetics and I love and use them all a lot... but they all do kind of look the same... so keep that in mind. I still get excited to review It Cosmetics even though all the palettes look the same... just because I still think of them all as different... lol. I'll probably do some sort of post on that after everything... but I do think It is an exciting enough brand.

It Cosmetics is also in trouble for not having a diverse shade range. If you have a very pale skintone- it's hard to find your foundation shade. If you have a dark skintone it's also hard to find your shade. These colors are also on the lighter side and I'm not sure they'll work on darker skin tones.

Pros! 
This is a really travel friendly palette. The mirror props itself up... which I always really like. So you don't have to hold the mirror up if you only have this mirror to work with. Plus there's a blush... which always makes it really easy to do a look- especially in a hurry.

It's very easy to come up with looks for this palette because of the way it's arranged. There are 5 shadows grouped together on the left and 5 shadows grouped together on the right... so that's just really easy to do a quick, quick look with either side of the palette. When I started college I would just do light shimmer on the lid, dark matte in the crease and dark shimmer on the inner corner. This I could actually try doing a transition color in the crease and a browbone color too and it's easy to see what goes where.

The packaging of this is really pretty. It's just nice to look at for a sparkly look. I like it a lot.

Why This Is Great For Beginners! 

It Cosmetics have an easy to work with formula... when I was getting into makeup I used the It Cosmetics Celebration Palette a lot when I wanted an all matte look.

It's very neutral so you can use this pretty much for any everyday look... and it's very hard to screw up or go overboard with this palette.

It is easy to come up with look for... which is always great for a beginner. Plus it's easy for travel, so it would be easy for a college student to bring home on the weekends or holidays.

You can get a really quick look with this palette because everything is kind of put together and there for you. I always have to do very quick, neutral makeup looks... so this is great for that.

It would be a great gift to give on Christmas because it's a good palette to wear on Christmas. It goes great with the darker lip colors for the season... plus it looks good with a more dramatic face look or a glowing highlight. And it's very easy to use if you know they are traveling. If they have to get somewhere else at a certain time- they could apply this in the car with no problems... it's just really really easy to apply anywhere.

Plus the outer packaging of the palette is just so gorgeous and glittery... that will be exciting in itself!

So there is everything you need to know about this palette! I like it so far... but keep in mind this is a first impression!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments