2017 Beauty Favorites: Face!

Heyyy guys! I'm going to do my favorite products for the next few days! Hope you guys enjoy it! Today's favorites are going to be the face!

Primer 
My number 1 favorite primer of the year has to be the Smashbox Primer Oil. This primer is perfect for anyone with dry skin and I just really love it! I got this back in March I think? And I actually spilled a bit of it and it lasted me until November... so that is not bad at all. I didn't use it daily... but I did use it a lot and I liked it a lot.

I don't actually think there were too many other primers I could totally recommend from the year... but that was a consistent favorite for 3 months at least.

Foundation 

I actually tried a few new foundations this year and I really liked them all! I have 3 drugstore favorites and 2 high end favorites... so yeah! That's pretty good!

I'll start off with the drugstore: The No 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation. This is a great foundation, kind of a light coverage, good for dry skin... kind of dewy... and it wears a long time. I really like it. There is a fragrance to it... but it's still just a nice foundation that I think a lot of people would like.

The Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation is really nice too. This is a more matte foundation. It smells bad first off... it smells like paint and the coverage is a little fuller and it's more matte... but it's still a nice foundation. I have dry skin and I like the coverage of it. The applicator made it really nice and easy to use... I just liked it a lot.

And last but not least: The Elf Flawless Finish Foundation! This is probably my #1 Drugstore recommendation. I really really love it and it just works great for my skin. It gives a good amount of coverage, doesn't dry my skin out at all and I just think it's really nice.

For High End my first pic is the Makeup Forever Stick Foundation. I really liked how this worked... the application of it is really easy... it looks good on my skin and it lasts a long time. I just like how it looks and how it works. It's a nice foundation.

My absolute favorite is still the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation. I repurchased it this year and I will continue to repurchase it because it just works incredibly well! I love it... it lasts a long time, it always looks good on my dry skin... and it is just nice and easy to use. It's the coverage that I like for foundation and it's a good one! I enjoy it a lot!

Concealer 

The only concealer I can really recommend is the Nyx Color Correcting Palette. This is just a great palette... I think I've used each of the shades in this... and I just like it a lot. I don't like concealer... but this one is good.

Bronzer and Contour 

The Smashbox Contour Palette is really good. I don't have the actual palette... I just have it in a Holiday Set and in a mini that I got as a point perk... but the colors are very soft and easy to blend. I just like it a lot.

The Tarteiest Pro Glow palette from Tarte is another great one that I've used a lot throughout the year. The Cream contour is really nice, I like using that under my foundation and then using the powder shade over if I want to make it a little deeper. The Highlights in this palette are great too... and I just like it!

Blush 

Milani Bella Bellini is a really summery blush color. The Milani Baked Blushes are some of my favorites ever and this one just works really well... and I like it a lot.

The Sleek Rekindling Blush Palette is another great blush discovery of the year. I thought this was really pretty and a great formula! Sleek is a brand I'd like to try some more from because I've been really impressed so far!

The Makeup Forever Blush Palettes have been great also! I had the Hot Spice and Sugar and Spice already, but I got Golden Sugar this year and it's a really good one!

Kind of rediscovered the Too Faced Your Love is King Love Flush Blush... I didn't like this when I first bought it, but I like it a lot now!

And the Covergirl Soft Mink Blush is another really good one! I actually depotted this recently and I just really like how it looks and everything. It's a really good one!

Ohhh and speaking of Covergirl- the Instant Cheekbones Blushes! Those are amazing and just so underrated.They're not in as many drugstores now... I have 3 of the shades and I want to get the other one before they get discontinued... I don't really think these will be discontinued... but I like them!

There's also a Becca Blushed With Light Palette. I think I got this for Christmas last year, so I wore it a lot in January... but I've also been using it a lot since November ish and I used it a lot during the year... so this is a really good one that I've been using a lot!

Highlight 
I just tried the Sleek Solstice Palette this month... but it is definitely one of the best highlights I've ever tried... I really really like it a lot. Its so pretty and the highlights are a little different but they show up so well... I love them.

The Wet n Wild Gold Bar Highlight has been a favorite recently too... I just really like this light gold color of the highlight... it's so so pretty and just perfect! I'm happy that they brought this back for the holidays and it's just really nice! It is perfect for the holidays especially!

The Essence Pure Nude Highlight is a great highlight that doesn't really look like a highlight. It's just subtle but still there. I love it.

And the Pixi London Lustre Highlight. This is gorgeous, very glowy and pretty... and I just really really like it a lot! Definitely the most glow of the year I think!

OHHHH and my absolute favorite thing of the year that I almost forgot to mention... The Coverfx Custom Enhancer Drops. OMG! These are totally amazing. Halo is my absolute favorite, but I have the Celestial Drops too and I love them. I think those were a favorite last year... and I still love them this year. I use these to mix in with foundations or just as a highlight on it's own and I really like it a lot.

I just kind of want to point out... a lot from the drugstore this year! Drugstore didn't always have the best highlights... but they did in 2017!

Powder 
I only really tried one powder and that's the No.7 Loose Powder. It's great... I like it a lot and I think it works.

Setting Spray 
The Coverfx Illuminating Setting Spray is really good and I like that.

My favorite is the Milani Make It Last Setting Spray. This works so well to really make your foundation last a long time. I've used it as a primer before and I like that too... even though setting sprays and primer sprays are different... I like them a lot! I would recommend it!

Other... 
I have to mention the CoverFx Custom Enhancer Drops. These are great to mix in with foundation if you have dry skin. I got the hydration version... they have other different ones too... but this is just what I use and what I've been liking!

So that is everything! Hope you guys like this or find it useful! I'll have my eye favorites tomorrow... that one will be hard to do... but I can do it... and yeah!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments