Review of THE BEST LIQUID LIPSTICKS? Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink

Sooo I feel like maybe these aren't necessarily "The Best" liquid lipstick... but they definitely definitely wear the longest on my lips... so I think they maybe deserve that title. I have four shades... Dreamer, Lover, Voyager and Pioneer.

I should do swatches on these... maybe I'll do that soon. I can't find lover and it's also 12:45am when I'm writing this and I still have a lot of stuff to do... so yeah... not doing that right now. But anyway review!

I was super impressed with Voyager over the weekend. I wore it with makeup for my friends bachelorette party, got tons of compliments and it lasted pretty well the whole night. I wore it to dinner and touched it up after that... and it lasted pretty much all night after that. It took a while for everyone to get ready so I kept looking in the mirror to try and touch it up and then I was like "Ohhh... this is still on perfectly well." And even when I got back from the club everything was pretty good... so I was impressed.

Lover was the first one I tried... and it lasted okay but it did wear off when I ate... mostly with oils- things will wear off. Depending on what I eat and how I eat it I guess... these last a little bit different. but for the most part- really longwearing and just good.

These aren't super comfortable. I don't really go looking for comfort with my liquid lipsticks because they don't usually wear as well as these ones do... but these are still good. I'm never too bothered by them but if I wear them a few days in a row without using a lip balm or something... that's not the best.

I like the applicator a lot too. Its nice and precise. The Colourpop liquid lipstick applicators are fine... but with the darker colors those can get messy... the fact that this kind of has a pointed edge makes it a little easier and it's easy to control the amount you're putting on.

I also like the smell of these... kind of a baby powder vanilla type smell... usually I don't like the Baby Powder smell... this time I was good with it! It's just kind of nice to have a smell to it I guess. Idk. I could do without it... but I like it. Some of them smell a little chocolatey to me even... which is cool.

The shade Dreamer is really really light. It might be a little too light for me... I still wear it on its own with very neutral looks... but keep in mind its a little lighter than you'd think and Lover is a little darker. They just came out with a line of neutrals... so I want to check that out... but yeah the color selection isn't bad but it isn't great either.

I hope this was useful! Let me know if you want to see swatches! I can do that!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments