Review: Tarte Bon Voyage Gift Set

So last year I really wanted the Tarte gift set that sephora had. I thought it was a great value and everything, but it was a little too expensive. This year I had a Sephora coupon and a little more money that made me think I could actually justify buying this set... and I grabbed the last mo'foing one! I thought I was going to get into a fight with a bitch, but I WON! lol I was excited.

So this is normally $59... which is expensive, but it comes with a ton of stuff. I went into it a little bit on my haul, but you get 20 full sized eyeshadows, which is probably worth $59 alone, plus you get 2 full sized lip products and 4 deluxe samples of some of their bestselling products. And a beautiful make up bag along with it so thats all pretty awesome. Plus I used the Sephora $15 off coupon, so including tax, I payed $47 for it. That isn't bad at all.

So from what I've tried the eyeshadows are very pigmented. They aren't the most pigmented eyeshadows I own, but I still really like the pigmentation of them. They're all very neutral shades... I think the gift set that they had at Ulta had some plumy shades also. I kind of like some variety with my eyeshadow palettes, but these are definitely colors I could use every day and they all work very well together.

They're also really easy to work with. I used one of the darker shades in the palette for my crease today and there was no fallout and it wasn't really that messy either. This would be another palette thats good for 5 minute looks because it was just so so easy to work with. I feel like this would work really well for beginners because there are so many neutral shades, but they're all very unique and they're so easy to work with and blendable and they just look lovely. I love them.

And the lip products were really great too! I can see these working on basically anyone because they're a nice peachy pink shade that anyone can pull off. I really liked the Lipsurgence Lip stain, but I thought the lipgloss was one of the best glosses I've ever tried as well. Super pigmented, really glossy and this is something you could definitely wear on its own. Its so good! I'm not all that impressed with the shade selections in their line, so these aren't really something I'm sure I'd repurchase like right this second... but I really do enjoy these, both some of the best lip products I've tried and I'm so happy this came with 2 full sized lip products.

I also really loved the mascara. I think I liked it more than the too faced better than sex that I know everyone loves. I know the sample size of the Too Faced mascara doesn't work as well as the full size... so idk really but I really loved the way this made my lashes look. It was just very Wow looking. I liked it a lot. The packaging is also adorable!

Something I don't fully know if its great or not yet is the Maracuja oil. I tried it last night and I don't think that I would be able to tell the results right away, but I don't think this did nothing. I have dryer skin so I've been interested in trying oils, and yeah. I probably won't really be able to tell what happens until I finish it... but I'm going to continue using it and I'm sure it'll help.

And I kind of liked the smooth operator powder... but it was really messy. I had a tough time getting it open... not sure if I actually did it right or not but I liked the way it acted as a powder... its just messy. I need to get used to it I guess... idk. Lol.

The cheek tint... I didn't love. I felt like everything else was very neutral and universal or something, but this color didn't look good on me. It looked a bit more of a contour-y type of blush... it wasn't really something I'd use everyday. I wish they put a dusty rose or something. This just wasn't my favorite. It was very pigmented... but I don't love that in a cream blush. I like lighter sheer colors... idk it just doesn't look that natural on me. It also isn't easy to blend out or anything. I wasn't a big fan.

And the make up bag is really nice too! One of the tassels that are on the zipper fell off, but still its really nice and I like it. Its purple and gold, which are actually my high school colors, so that's pretty cool!

So that's my little review. I know this is probably hard to find right now, but its not like these are all limited edition products. The formula of everything is what I think is the important part. Like I would recommend buying Tarte eyeshadows, tarte lipsurgence lip tints and glosses, the mascara and probably the maricuja oil. If you see one of these sets in the future and you're thinking of buying it, go for it! Its a great value and I'm happy I got it. I was super super impressed.

I was actually debating between getting this set and the Urban Decay Vice 3. I thought at the sephora, the Vice 3 swatched better and all the colors were pigmented, but I really didn't think it would work well on the eyes as well. I felt like the shadows had been swatched so much in the store that that kind of softened them and thats what made them so pigmented and nice. Its also hard to work with shadows that are really really soft, so I thought best to get the tarte palette and I'm very happy with it.

So yeah. I hope you found this helpful. These were the first tarte products I've ever tried and I would definitely pick up more things! Especially since I'm trying to stick to mostly cruelty free high end brands!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments