Top 14 beauty products of 2014

So I have a bunch of products I've loved throughout the year... So I thought I would just pick my top 14 favorite products and call it a day! Lol. I'm still having trouble... I think I know my fave product... But there are so many things I like... So yeah. This won't be in order or anything,just the order I think of them. 

1) L'oreal Truematch Lumi Foundation- I've had a lot of foundation favorites this year... But if I had to pick one foundation specifially this would be it. I may have used the Rimmel Stay Matte more... But this works better and looks better on me all year round. It works for dry skin, i think it would work for oily skin too. It's a bit luminous, but not too much that it would be oily looking... And yeah I really like it! 

2) L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara- I loved the original Butterfly Mascara and this one is even better! It is definitely my favorite drugstore mascara... There are some mascara samples I've tried and loved too... But this has definitely been the best. L'oreal seems to make really good mascaras and I've always been a huge fan... Well okay since I tried the original butterfly lol. These are good. 

3) Rimmel Stay matte primer +Olay Fresh Effects Bb Cream- You guys know this has been my go-to face combo for months now. I feel like I need to mention them both because they work really well together. I have dry skin, so I don't use matte products all that much but they work really great with BB Creams that are more oily... This will give such a nice natural matte but still bright look. I've been loving these together. So good! 

4) Bite Beauty- I tried... Quite a few of the mini sizes of Bite Beauty's lipsticks and their high pigment lip pencils. Sephora has a bunch of mini sizes out for the holidays and they had the bite beauty remix set. These are so pretty, I probably reach for these the most of all my lipsticks... I don't always wear lipsticks but these are amazing. You should try these because these are amazing for your life. Fig and rhubarb have been my favorites. They're kind of darker pinks, Fig is good for daytime, rhubarb is a bit of a darker Kylie Jenner type of look. They're both really good. 

5) Buxum lipgloss in Shannon- Shannon is my name and Buxum Lipglosses are my Faveeee! I was excited about this, it's like my perfect color too. It's like a lilacy pink color and it is gorgeous. There's a bit of glitter I believe... And yeah it's just great. Love this. 

6) Milani Bella Eyes in Bella Champagne- I recently did a holiday look with this eyeshadow and it is amaIng. It's a dupe for Stila's kitten. It works as a highlight and an eyeshadow... It's so sooo pretty. These are so pretty and affordable and pigmented. Love these eyeshadows in general. I have 2 but I think they would all have great pigmentation... And they're $3 soooo.... Yeah. These are great. 

7) Freeman Face masks/Charcoal Masks- I've been loving my Freeman masks for forever.i always liked the Avacado oatmeal. I recently tried the charcoal, which I love it clears and smooths my face and I feel great after using it. And the brightening grain works really well too. It really does brighten your face quite a bit. It's good to just use under your eyes too. I really like this.

Another favorite I have to mention is the Origins Charcoal mask. I like it better than the Freeman mask... Enough to justify the $25 price tag in fact! I got a sample pack with 4 pods for $8, so I only used it 4 times, but I noticed a difference instantly. It's so good. Definitely a good splurge if you buy the full size! 

8) Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl liners- I use the nude pencil sooo soo much! And I still have so much left. These are perfect. Such a nice creamy formula, I like the Stila Smudge Sticks also... But these are better! I have 3 of these, nude, blue and black and they're awesome. 

9) It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette- This is my favorite of favorites. I almost didn't get this and I'm sooo sooo happy I did! It's really neutral and it's all matte so it looks kind of boring... But the formula of these eyeshadows are the absolute greatest. This is limited edition... Hopefully it is still available but if it's not get the original palette because this is amazing. This is one of those products I feel like I was talking about for forever after I got it because it's just so amazing I want everyone to know how great it is! 


10) Maybeline master glaze blushes- these are amazingly pigmented! They look so good, I like using these to layer other blushes over. These are easy to blend out and just so easy to use... I really really like them! I have 2 of these, and I use them almost daily. I'm almost done with Just pinched pink! 

11) Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candelight- Just creeping in from like last week! I really love this as a primer and a shadow itself. It's so beautiful, the formula is a lot better than the regular shadow insurance and I definitely love this. I may pick up the champagne shade also. 

12) Maybeline Babylips in Pink me up- I almost forgot about this... But this probably my favorite drugstore lipstick of the year. It's just the perfect pink lip color, I love it, it's so light and I feel like it will look good on everyone. I just really like it! 

13) Lorac Pro 2- This is my new go-to palette for if I need to do my make-up in like 5 minutes because it has everything you need, it's easy to blend...you can really get a lot of great looks from this in such a short amount of time, I love it. 

14) Too Faced Chocolate Bar-  Last but not least another palette that has gotten lots of love from me this year: the Too Faced Chocolate Bar! I really love the selection of colors in this, there's a lot of variety and it's just easy to come up with looks and it's fun to see which things look nice together and things like that. These are pigmented and lovely and it is the perfect neutral palette! I think this would work well for a lot of people. If you were going to gift this, this is so pretty. I just really like it. 

Limited Editiosn Honorable Mentions- so a few things that I wanted to mention that you may not be able to find easily. The Wet N Wild 5-shadow pan in Angels in Aubergine. These are amazingly pigmented, affordable and have a great formula. Even though these are limited edition, I've heard they reformulated their permanent 5 pan shadows to be softer and more pigmented. These feel like butter. It's so affordable, but it's so so good! 

The Tarte  Bon Voyage set was one of my favorite purchases ever! I really love the eyeshadows in these. I've used these almost every day since I got them... Which is good. Very neutral shades but they have some really beautiful shimmers. I liked most everything inside of it too. I wasn't crazy about the cheek stain or the setting powder... But I love the two lip products and mascara and I liked the maracuja oil a lot too! 

The benefit cheeky sweet spot palette was great too. All the products are in their permanent line. I like all of them. Dandelion is a little patchy, but it gives a nice natural look on the cheeks. Hoola is my favorite Bronzer I think, sugar bomb and rockateur are light and shimmery. Coralista and Bella Bamba are nice and bright and super pigmented. The Watts Up Highlight is one of my favorites... It's just a great set overall and I would even try other Benefit boxed powders... I hear Dallas is limited edition, so I may go for that... But idk. Lol. 

BYEEEE have a great New Year! 
-Shannon 




Comments