Shannon's Holiday Gift Guide 2014

Hiii everyone! So I love Holiday gift guides and here are my beauty pics for this year.

So one thing I pretty much always get my friends is shower gel cause who doesn't need that? (hopefully none of my friends read this) but this year I got them the Ulta collection holiday scents along with a few of the 5 for 5 items I thought would be really cute for them. I love Ulta's shower gel. It also works well as a shampoo in my opinion. I have dry hair and I believe one of their claims is that they have antioxidants in it... which maybe moisturizes it a bit? Idk I'm not an expert. These are also Cruelty Free. The have no Gluten, Parabens or DEA... which is important if you are a drug dealer with a gluten allergy? (Get it? Cause DEA is the drug enforcement agency... lol. idk what it actually means but its probably better its made without it.) And they have some great holiday scents. Uhhh yeah, these are awesome.

Bath and Body Works also has some really awesome holiday stuff. Winter Candy Apple, A Thousand Wishes, Vanilla Bean Noel, Twisted Peppermint. All good shit. Velvet Sugar would also make a great Christmas gift and idk what else. I was going to say Cashmere Glow but I don't know if that would be something everyone likes... Twilight Woods, Pink Sugar, and Paris Amour are probably safe bets that anyone would like. I love those scents as well and I know there are lots of gift sets with all of their signature scents as well as their holiday scents.

If you want to buy your friend a limited edition holiday palette... I think you know which one I'm going to recommend... Its the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette. This blends so easily... I've loved every look that I've come up with with this palette and its just so so pretty. It does have a lot of very very neutral shades, but these are all colors that anyone can wear and will look good in. I'm a huge fan of this.

If you're having trouble finding the limited edition palettes because it is late in the season, I think the perfect palette to gift would be the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. This is one of my favorite palettes, its great for everyday use and the packaging is just the cutest. This is equally practical and adorable and it would really make a great gift.

Another Too Faced Palette that I don't actually own but I think if you're looking for something to buy a make up beginner, the Natural Eyes palette would be great for that too. The packaging is also adorable and its pretty user friendly because it breaks down the different looks that you can create and all of that also. So that is good.

A drugstore brand that has amazing holiday sets is Nyx. Nyx is one of my favorite drugstore brands and they always come out with good sets. I saw a couple of the Butter Lipgloss sets that are adorable, there is an eyeshadow set that comes with some other things that looks fun, theres a set for their matte creams and their butter lipsticks and the Chunky Dunks. This would be easy to shop for because they give you an option of everything. Some people don't like gloss, go with one of the lipsticks. If you have a friend that loves matte lipsticks get them the matte cream set, some people just like gloss, you have 2 gloss sets to choose from. Its really all good choices and... I want some of these for myself lol.

Now onto nails... I actually won an entire holiday collection from something and I'm really excited to review it soon. Its the Color Club Holiday collection. I'm not exactly sure when I'm getting it, but hopefully it will be soon so that I can let you guys know before Christmas. But the colors all look beautiful from what I've seen and they have everything from glittery golds to dark blues and reds... its an exciting and beautiful collection and I cannot wait for it!

I also saw something adorable that Sephora has. There is a paint bucket filled with mini's of their Formula X nail polish. How cute is that? I'm debating getting this for my sister... I hope she doesn't read this lol. Yeah though, this looks quite amazing and has a great value.

The two holiday sets I mentioned in my Sephora Black Friday Haul post are great too. I'm not sure if the Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil set is still available... but honestly I love it for the packaging alone lol. I keep the tin with the mirror in my purse because that's a big mirror, it fits in there nicely and its easy to carry lipsticks, glosses and chapstick in without losing it.

And the Kat Von D $20 studded set, I forget what its called but it comes with a tattoo liner, a studded lipstick and a mascara, (all minis of corse) and thats just a good way to try things for a good value.

So yeah I think thats it. And I'd include Jewelry and fashion... but when it comes to that stuff I feel like its more personal. I always feel like the people in my life are very thoughtful to the sorts of things that they know I will wear and really that is where you should think. Notice what they wear and do not wear and by them something you think will look good on them and that they'll get use of. Don't buy them gold if they always wear silver, don't buy them a sweater or shirt if you don't know what size they are, and don't get them a gift card to somewhere if you don't know whether or not they shop there.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments