Review: Beauty Products I got for Christmas

So for Christmas, I got a few beauty products and I figured I'd update you guys on how I like them and tell you about them and stuff.

First off I got two Ouidad hair products... these are what I use to maintain my natural curls and keep my very dry hair nice and soft and not frizzy. I recommend these a LOT if you have naturally curly hair and want to keep it that way. I never heat style my hair at all. I got the Curl Defining Styling Souffle, which is one of my favorite hair products ever that I've been out of for probably over a year. This makes my hair really soft and nice, I love this. And the Climate Control Heat and Humidity gel to keep my hair from getting frizzy. I've mentioned I'm not using 100% cruelty free products, but this brand has the Not Tested on Animals Label, which makes me happy. I haven't even used these yet... but I know I like them already!

Next up is a Pacifica rollerball trio. These smell fantastic. They have Tuscan Blood Orange which smells just like a real juicy fruit, Indian Coconut Nectar which is probably my favorite and a really nice floral one called Tahitian Gardenia. I used the Indian Coconut Nectar right away and it lasted a long time and it smelled really really good. If you've ever tried the Glamglow hydrating mask in the blue tub, it smells just like that.

I also got the Pacifica Body Butter in the Indian Coconut Nectar scent. The smell lingers a lot. Its a bit greasy but it moisturizes really well. Its also packaged in a squeezy tube... which is weird for a body butter, but I like it.

I got an Ulta bubble bath from my sister. it bubbles really nicely at first... the bubbles don't last really long, but the scent is really nice. Its Pink Champagne scented, so it smells a little like Bath and Body Works Paris Amour, which I love and yeah. Overall really good!

I got some Ulta nail polishes and I applied them to my toenails right away... these are actually really good. They aren't streaky, they seem to dry normal and they come out looking like they do in the tube. 2 coats would probably work well... since its my toenails and I was just sort of testing out the polish, I don't want to do a second coat... but yeah! Nice!

I got the Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candelight... this is amazing. I had a sample of their regular formula of the Shadow Insurance and I didn't love it. It was watery and didn't work great... idk if its because this is a full size or its just not melted yet or if its a different formula, but I really like this. It doesn't crease its a beautiful color and other colors look really good over it. I took a nap... which normally would mess up my eyeshadow but my eyes didn't budge at all!

And last but not least the Elf Beauty Book 10 piece Party Set Class of 2014. I know this isn't available in Target or Elf's website right now... but I found this at TJ Maxx for 3.99! It comes with 9 Eyeshadows and I liked it because it reminded me of the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette and part of me wanted the Vice 3... but I didn't want to pay $60 for it when I heard so so reviews. I haven't worn these on my eyes yet... but ohhh my god! These swatch amazingly! I put a couple colors on my eyes for a few seconds just to see, but I haven't worn them worn them... if that makes sense. It seems like these are some random shades to throw together in a palette... but I like them. Idk if I could really get a whole look from these... but it has nice colors nonetheless. I think the concept of this was to be for back to school... I can't imagine this being a good palette for beginners because its all brights and shimmers. There is a matte black and a matte electric blue I think... thats about it. It's beautiful but probably not the easiest thing to come up with looks with.

Ohhh wait jk that wasn't last. I also got the mini batistee travel set. I thought the scents would smell a lot better than they did. I've heard Wild is the best... I didn't really like that. That is the cheetah print one, it smelled spicy... kind of like pepper. And then there was Mamba which smelled okay and Savanna which is also okay. I like the Cherry scented one a lot more. The products themselves work really well though. I like Batiste and Garnier dry Shampoos.

Soooo that is it! I will probably have a big haul tomorrow because December 26th is my favorite day to shop... so I will probably have a haul of a lot of good things!


Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments