Review: Make Up Forever Artist Shadows

Heyyy guys I just recently posted a view using the two colors of these that I have and I thought I would do a review on these bad boys. And I actually don't think I have a bad thing to say about them at all... except maybe about the way that they're sold, which I personally had no problems with... so yeah.

This line is quite impressive in general because there are over 200 different colors to choose from, they have a good range of finishes, (matte, iridescent, diamond, satin) and they come in a huge size. I've never tried a Mac Eyeshadow, but I believe its double the size of a Mac Shadow... idk for sure but they are much bigger.

These work in an odd way because they come in pans and then you can buy a two-pan palette or a three pan palette to put these in and there will be a discount. If you buy one its $21, two is like $34 and three is $42 or something I think... not sure its in the 40 family lol. This discount doesn't always work though. I did it in store and it worked, and I guess  it regularly works online... but I've heard online it doesn't work or it doesn't work if you were to use a discount or a coupon... so be careful with that. I think you need to buy the palette also to get the discount or make sure to get numbers that correspond with the palettes I guess? I think if you get four you don't get the same discount or something... idk its a little odd so thats a good reason to hold off and only get a few at a time. Idk why I feel like the 3 shadows cost too much money, but the two pan shadows seem reasonable to me. I don't currently have a job and I don't really need a ton of eyeshadows... so I was content with buying two and if I want more I'll buy two more someday when I have money. Lol. Odd reasoning, but it makes sense to me.

Anyhoo lets get to the actual shadows themselves. The orange color I got is I-736 or Copper Red (I didn't actually see the name "copper red on the package, but on Sephora's website it says its called Copper Red... so that makes sense lol.) This is an iridescent finish and it is described as a blush I think... but I use it as an eyeshadow and its really nice and pigmented. I wanted a really nice orange eyeshadow and this is nice and pigmented. I've noticed some of the shimmer disappearing from the product now that I've used it. It's still nice and shimmery when I have it on my eyes though... so I guess that doesn't effect it much.

The purply shade I got is a diamond finish... and when they say diamond... they mean diamond. This is a really really shimmery beautiful girly girly color. I actually got this to use all on the lid but also as a crease color... and it is a shimmery crease color... which I sort of like lol. I use some sort of matte color in my crease while using my look with these two shadows together in a look... but yeah I still like using this lol. It would also be great all on its own. Did I even say the name of this shadow? Its a purple and it is called D-826 or Fig. It's a really nice glittery glittery shade. I love it.

The texture of these shadows is kind of like the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. To me it feels a little like the shade Trick because its shimmery and kind of a harder color. Like the Lorac colors are all very soft and buttery... these are a little harder. I like that in an eyeshadow. There is a lot of pigment in these shadows, probably more so than the shade Trick from Urban Decay in my opinion. And these also look nice without a primer and they have a nice staying power. I think I had a bit of an issue with some glitter fallout from the diamond shade... but I have used it a lot since then and I haven't noticed this problem.

What I like about this concept is that you can choose all the colors you want, so you can really be creative in trying to come up with looks and you can pick shades you will use a lot. You could even just pick shades that you use a lot everyday. Like if you need a matte crease or a shimmery highlight you could just get them and get A LOT of use out of these. I think they work really really well and these are definitely something worth looking for and purchasing. I've really been enjoying mine and I may get some more!

Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon

Wow! I never realized I didn't post this, this was quite a while ago! Lol.

Comments