How To-sday: Go to Fancy Look w/ Nars Dual Intensity Shadow and Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum Palette

This is just an easy look I like doing for special occasions, family parties, and its just a good quick, easy everyday look thats neutral and nice. I like it!

Face 
I primed with the Benefit That Gal Primer. I haven't used this in a while since I've had the Smashbox primer water... but I like it and I wanted to use it more... so I am! Then I went in with the Bareminerals Bareskin foundation and a Target Up and Up total Face brush and just blended that in. For blush I used the Milani Romantic Rose Blush... which I love. Its so subtle and pretty and I just really like it a lot! And for highlight I used the Urban Decay Sin Highlight because I kind of wanted to test the staying power of this and I plan on working out in a little bit.
Doesn't even look like I have foundation on here... 
That highlight though... 
here's a better "full face look" 

Eyes 
I primed with the Elf eye primer and then went into the Nars Dual Intensity shadow in Himalia. I love this shadow, I won it in a giveaway from Canoexmakeup on Instagram... go follow her, she's awesome... and I really love it. I used my finger first and then I went in with a real Techniques brush that was in that set they had around the holidays I think... You might be able to find it at Ross... otherwise idk. But yeah that was the best set ever and they need to make it permanent... regardless I liked that!

Then I went into the Shade n Light Plum quad from Kat Von D. I went in with the contour shade which is the third in the palette in my crease and then I used the darkest plum shade in my crease and outer corner and blended. And then I used the light color in the smaller pan of the palette and used that on my browbone, inner corner and kind of to help blend the 2 together.
And here's a closeup of the eyes. 

Lips 
And voila! 

I used the Too Faced Melted Matte lipstick in Queen B... which I just got and will do a first impression on soon!

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments