Drugstore Palette Smackdown: Maybelline The Nudes vs Covergirl Goldens

So usually I do this in categories... but I didn't do that this time. I usually right "before use" but I went right into the Maybelline Nudes without writing anything first!

BTW if you to read my first Drugstore Palette Smackdown to see what this is about... basically I'm comparing all my palettes to see what's the best. Maybelline Nudes won the first round so its facing the Covergirl Goldens. I'm doing this for my high end palettes as well... so check that out if you'd like.

Maybelline Nudes 
I do the same look with this pretty much every time I use it. And I love the look. I thought it came out really good this week! I used the gold color all over the lid, a dark brown in the crease and a darker color on the outer corner. For a highlight, I used Puppy Love from Colourpop and I was super impressed with that too! I'm actually close to hitting pan on the gold shade... so that shows this palette is pretty well-loved in my collection.

So yeah super impressed with this one again. I love that its drugstore and the looks come out sooo good and pretty and I just really love it! I would recommend it highly for beginners, even if you have a lot of makeup, like I do... I still reach for this and get excited to use it! I'm really impressed! Its nice!

Covergirl Goldens 
This has a very similar color selection to the Maybelline Nudes and the pigmentation on these is a little better than the Maybelline if I remember correctly. So this has a fighting chance against the Maybelline... even though sadly the Covergirl Nudes was defeated in Round 1. Lol. I have hopes for this one even though I'm still loving the Maybelline Nudes!

I really liked this palette a lot too. I think the shades were more pigmented than the Maybelline... the mattes didn't blend quite as nicely... but I still really liked the look that I did with it! I think this is probably the most pigmented of the palettes that you can find at just about any drugstore... and the look I did with this was really nice! I was really surprised and I like it a lot.

Also when I look at this palette... the shades are all consistent, whereas the Maybelline Nudes aren't totally consistent. There are hits and misses in that one. I think this has pretty much all hits, even though I don't love the matte shades... so I could probably get more actual looks with this palette!

And The Winner Is... 
The Covergirl Goldens! I think they're both great drugstore palettes. Super good for the price. And its just a few dollars extra... but I think I'll get more looks from it. And I love my Maybelline nudes... it will always have a special place in my heart because its such an underdog type of palette and I think its really good... but just because I can get better looks from this covergirl palette makes it a winner!

Byeee! Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon

Comments