Worth It Wednesday: Too Faced Melted Matte Lipsticks

I've been wanting to try these for a long time... and I just got two colors... and to be honest, I'm not that impressed.

I like the way that these feel on the lips, they're vert comfortable and they go on so easily. Other liquid lipsticks are a little messy to apply without a liner, but these can go on easily without a liner... and one of the colors I have is blue! They also remove easily. Today I did a look with Who's Zoomin Who for the blog and then I took it off because it really isn't a blue lipstick type of day... and it removed surprisingly well! It wasn't too messy when I took it off and it came off nicely. So that made me like these a little bit more than I thought I did.

The applicator of these lipsticks is nice too. I don't really know what it is, its kind of big... but it isn't hard to get the cupid's bow or anything like that. Its a good applicator.

There is a little bit of a weird scent to these. Its like its unscented.... but in a stinky way. Thats the only way I can think of to describe it. It doesn't bother me at all when its on my lips...but if you're a crazy person like me that always sniffs their makeup for whatever reason... its stinky.

The reason that this didn't impress me was that it doesn't last very long at all. And I'm not really sure why that bothers me so much. If you use the Too Faced Lip Insurance and a lip liner, it usually lasts fine... but this just doesn't last and it makes me kind of disappointed. The color Queen B doesn't really dry down on me. Who's Zoomin Who dries down nicely... but I'm not going to wear that every day. I guess I would buy a darker color if you were to buy these... but the light colors are kind of meh. I think $21 is a lot of money for a liquid lipstick... and even though I like the ones I have and I probably would buy more colors... I'm not overly impressed. For around the same price I could get Kat Von D, or one of the regular Melted lipsticks or the La Creme or Vice lipsticks... and this just isn't one I think I would pick over those ones... so unless theres a color I really want... I might skip out. I might get Lady Balls... but for $21 these didn't impress me that much. I actually think the regular line of Melted lipsticks lasts longer on me.

The one thing I really like Queen B for is that it applies really well in a hurry and it goes with every look... so it does have its purpose and I love it for that... but it isn't my #1 choice if you're thinking of buying a new liquid lipstick.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments