Light Coverage Foundations and How I Use Them

Some of my favorite makeup products are light coverage foundations! I know those scare some people... but I love them and I feel like there are different ways to use them.

Disclaimer: I do have dry skin and these are usually pretty hydrating to my skin when I use them. I'm not great with moisturizing all the time, but I do notice a difference in my skin when I use these.

One way I would recommend using them is with a long wearing primer. My Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream needs a longwearing primer with it to stay on my face. My Bareminerals Bareskin is usually okay with any primer strangely enough... since that is a serum foundation I thought that would get the most oily, but it never gets overly oily on me.

The Urban Decay One n Done I either use literally like a "One n done" because its so easy to use and it stays on without any fuss. It also works as a primer, it doesn't cake up or look unnatural. If you want a nice, flawless looking fuller coverage look, this works really well as a primer also. You're never going to get a full coverage look with just this, but it works okay on its own.

There are some that actually look a little dry on me. The It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination. I usually use this with a moisturizing primer like the Too Faced Hangover RX. I think the Elf BB Cream is a little dryer also, I usually use this or I've mixed it with the one n done. That combo actually worked really well together... I should use that to try to finish up the Elf BB Cream lol.

And the one thing that I've used with probably all of these products and its worked really well is the smashbox primer water! I love that stuff and it hydrates and makes it last a long time. Its also a good refresher throughout the day... and sometimes I'll actually use this sort of like a powder and it works well for that. It helps sort of keep my makeup in tact if I'm sweating after a workout or if its hot or anything. It works surprisingly well at that.

I'm not an expert at all, and I'm not saying this will work for everyone... but if you think you have similar skin to mine, this might help these foundations last longer or just wear a little bit better. I thought it would be useful to know how I use these products because they are kind of scary.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments