Makeup News: Kat Von D Ends Friendship With Jeffree Star

I sometimes talk about news in makeup and I thought this one was particularly interesting. 

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star have been good friends for years. Probably long before either had a cosmetics line if memory serves me. Kat has tattooed Jeffree, she named a liquid lipstick Jeffree. They've been friends for a while. 

If you don't know any of why people don't like Jeffree Star, you can look it up. He's bullied people, he's made racist comments, he deletes any negative comment or review on his line... He just doesn't really care what people have to say unless they're loving his lip scrub after using it from kissing his ass all day. I don't really want to sound lude or biased against him... I still want to try makeup from his line... But it's the truth! I'm sure he's not the only business that doesn't really care about his customers... I'm sure a lot of brands don't. So he shouldn't be blamed just for this... But there are other things Kat Von D mentioned in her video that aren't things I'd want to be connected with either. 


First off, I've had the cinnamon bun bites from Taco Bell, and they're only okay. Go to a local donut shop and get a real donut instead. If you're in Central Jersey: Broad Street Dough Co.  

Anyway back to real things... He blocks anyone that doesn't like his products, and he's not paying his employees. And I thought this whole "Rich Bitch" thing was a persona... Not so much who he really was... But that's really his Rolls Royce. He really smokes a lot of weed. He really says horrible things about women... And he really doesn't pay his employees. Which is sad. 

And I'm gonna talk about Kat Von D's video a little bit more because she encouraged him to start his business, she set him up with the lab and graphic designer... She did a lot for him to start the company up and he was very cold when she said she would no longer be friends with Jeffree. He says "no wonder no man ever stays" and he couldn't tag her because he blocked her and blocked her number because he wasn't paying her friend for the artwork. 

And Jeffree is clearing the story up on his YouTube page... And he just said Kat was lying... But I don't think Kat has a reason to lie about anything. And she sounded genuinely like someone sad to end a friendship and she really isn't gaining anything from this.If anyone wants to buy Jeffree Starr they still will and people are still going to buy Kat Von D as much as they did. 

As I've mentioned I want to try Jeffree Star makeup, I've heard good things about the brand... And I think he does make unique products and he puts some thought into them and I believe he does... But at the same time, I'm turned off by the fact that he blocks anyone that reviews something negative about him and that he bullies honest critiques of his brand. It makes me weary of morphe and it definitely puts the brand at the very end of my list. It's not that I'm saying I won't buy them... And I'm not u recommending anything. If you really want something and you can afford it, get it... But I have a lot of makeup, I'm trying to limit myself and if I don't need it... I don't need it. I don't need another $20 liquid lipstick of $50 shadow palette. I don't need another shade of mauve. I don't need a yellow liquid lipstick... Idk who the hell needs that... But if you rock it, you do you. I probably won't end up buying anything from him because I don't like him or trust him and for the price... I at least want someone that I trust and that pays their employees. If I do end up buying his stuff I feel funny reviewing it because I don't totally want to recommend buying him another rolls Royce when he hasn't paid his employees...idk. 

I also feel like I should mention the time I almost met Jeffree Star cause that wasn't that good. It was at Bamboozle Circa 2007 and I met a lot of bands that day. Some had meet and greets, some didn't and they were all really nice. If you know the band Metro Station with Mitchell (or mason? I get them confused whichever one wasn't on Hanna Montana )  Mousso and Trace Cyrus... They came out after and I met Mousso and he was nice, the drummer of the band I had met before and he's always really nice and Trace Cyrus couldn't quite get over but he was nice too... And most bands were doing that. They didn't have to take pics or do autographs, but they did. Jeffree Star didn't really bother with it. Maybe he was meeting some people, idk but just that vibe makes me believe Kat Von D. And she's not perfect either but she'd never bully people that are buying her stuff and she doesn't 

And I don't want to be a gossip blogger or anything like that...but part of the reason I trusted Jeffree Star and his brand was his friendship with Kat and the fact that she made it public that she doesn't support him makes me not want to buy his stuff. So I'll listen to his story too... But blocking people and degrading people that don't like your products just isn't a way to do business. If any other type of product did that people would be like "oh, this is a scam" and they would be angry... So that's what I think of that. I understand blocking hate messages or mean, negative comments cause I responded back very nicely to a mean comment on Instagram once and then the next day my account was hacked... So it's just kinda suspicious. So yeah! Be smart with your Instagram accounts. 

 So that's it. Just figured I'd do a news thing. I'm without a computer right now, so posting pictures is a little hard... But later I'll have a "Getting ready quick" routine I've been doing lately. I wanted to do a How To-stay but I've been doing this all day! So yeah. I may or may not have more posts tonight! 

Byeee!!! 
-Shannon 

Comments