First Impression Friday: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color

My friend actually sent this to me and I'm really excited to try it because I've never tried any of these yet!

The color of this is #10 Nude Flush.This is the perfect nude lip for me! It reminds me of Echo Park from Colourpop... both nice, peachy nude colors and they both look awesome on fair skintones... which is hard to find a nude that doesn't totally make you look pale... so I'm all for that!

The smell of this is a little much. I'm not that bothered by it... I don't think you'll like it if you didn't like the Revlon Liquid Lipsticks or even the Color Elixers... this actually smells a lot like the color elixers... so if those are too strong for you... this will be too.

This applies a little funny. You really only need a thin layer. I would just put some on my bottom lip and then smoosh my lips together. If it gets too thick... you get what I'm going to call the "Aunt Mertyle" look. You know on tv shows or cartoons when they have the great aunt on the show and her lipstick looks a little too much? That's what I'm picturing. I'm thinking of Grandpa Lou's sister on Rugrats... but I don't remember if her name was Mertyle or not... I'm just calling it Mertyle... just because.

It isn't really matte... but I don't think its the biggest offender of saying its a "Matte" when it isn't. It isn't as un-matte as the Revlon ones... which are not matte at all. This I think has the matte idea but its still a little creamy. It looks like a creamy liquid lipstick.

It transfers a lot, but the color still stays on my lips. I didn't really eat anything throughout the day, so I think that made a difference... but I drank through straws and it transferred on the straws quite a bit.

I really like this... I think I would recommend the Creamy Matte lipsticks over this particular one... but I really love those Creamy Mattes!  If these are on sale and you see a color you like: go for it! I think these are super cool and really nice.

This color I think I'd be afraid to try in stores... so I'm just going to put it out there and share that this is an awesome nude for fair skintones! I avoid nudes because of paleness... but this looks awesome!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments