4 looks, One Palette: Lorac Pro Palette

So... even though I'm not really posting on Sundays anymore... I think from time to time... or maybe forever, I'll post faces of the week or 4 looks one palette with various palettes that I have. This is going to be kind of a "shop my stash" type of thing... idk just a good way for me to be creative and different with my looks and my Palettes. I'm starting with the first Lorac Pro Palette because this is an easy one, its good for fall... which I didn't even realize because I hardly use this! I love it, I love Lorac's shadows and I should use this all the time... but I think I bought another palette and some colourpop shadows at the same time as this one... so it was just an overwhelming time palette-wise for this and I needed to use it more than I did. So I'm using it here cause its awesome. And a really basic palette that I think is easy for beginners and that a lot of people have or should have in their collection... so yeah. This is a good first pick... and Now onto the looks!

At the end I'll also do the "pros and cons" of the palettes as well... just some things I've noticed after using them so much. Hahaha just got that this is the Pro Palette and I'm doing Pros and Cons... lol.

Look #1: Gold Smokey Eye with no Black Shadow 
This is based off of Amy Schumer's smokey eye from The Emmy's... I loved it. It was so gold and so pretty but it wasn't overly smokey or anything... I thought this would be a good palette to recreate it because the gold in this palette may just be my favorite and it has a lot of really great dark browns too. So thats great.

First I primed with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Champagne. This is nice and very gold and it'll just give a little extra gold pop to the look. Then I took Lt. Bronze and put that on the inner third of my eye. Next I took Gold and put that on the rest of the lid. Then I used Sable in my crease as a transition color. I really like the way it looks... and then I darkened it a little by putting expresso on the outer corner and in the crease. I used Cream as my browbone highlight and in the inner corner. I curled my lashes and put on the Covergirl Super Sizer. And Voila!

I don't usually do a transition color, but it works really well when using a darker crease and it just came together really nicely. I love the look





Face Makeup 
Primer:Too Faced Hangover Rx 
Foundation: Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous 
Concealer: None
Contour: None
Bronzer: Benefit Hula 
Blush: Benefit Rockateur 
Highlight: Benefit Watt's Up 
Powder: None
Setting Spray: L'oreal Infallible 
Lips: Maybeline Babylips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet 

Look #2: Everyday Glam 
I didn't really know what to do with this look but I just got inspired by staring at the palette. I started off with the Too Faced Candellight Shadow Insurance and then went in with Champagne all over the lid. Next I took Pewter in the outer corner. Then I put Mauve in the Crease and then used Sable to make it look a little more brown. I also spotlighted a little bit and put gold on the inner part of my eye. This look was really messy because I did the outer corner before the crease and I used the same brush as my lid for that... so I used the Elf Makeup Remover Pen to clean it up a bit. There was still a lot of glitter fallout under my eyes though. I also used Lt. Pink under my brow, lined with L'oreal's silkissime liner in highlighter and put on Ulta's Amped Lashes and Rain Coat topcoat for my mascaras.



Face Makeup 
Primer: Smashbox Primer Water 
Foundation: Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation 
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste and Maybelline Superstay Better Skin 
Contour: None 
Bronzer: Catrice Bronzing Pen topped with Makeup Revolution Ready To Go Baked Bronzer 
Blush: Benefit Rockateur 
Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured in Opal 
Powder: Bareminerals Mineral Veil 
Setting Spray: Smashbox Primer Water... again 
Lips: Tarte Energy Noir 

Look #3: Pumpkin Spice 
So there is an orange called Garnet in this palette that I was pretty much waiting for fall to use... so I took that all over the lid. I then put Champagne on the inner corner. For my crease I put Mauve on to give a purply transition and then I put Sable to darken it up. And then I dabbed some Deep Purple on the outer corner just for that sort of pumpkin spice fall changing type of thing. I used The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara for my mascara!
the pics I have for this look were all taken at night on an iPhone... so this is the only pic I got where you can kind of see the color :( This might have been my least favorite look anyway... so yeah. 


Face Makeup 
Primer: Too Faced Hangover Rx 
Foundation: It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination cream
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste 
Contour: Nope 
Bronzer: None 
Blush: Rocakteur 
Highlight: Mac MSF Soft and Gentle 
Powder: No 
Setting Spray: L'oreal Infallible 
Lips: Don't think I wore any... not sure. None pictured lol. 

Look #4: Fast, easy and pretty 

First I primed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, then I used Nude all over the lid. Next I put Mauve in the crease and then gold on the outer edge. To make it a little bit darker I put a little bit of taupe on the outer edge as well and White under the browbone. For mascara I used Covergirl's super sizer!
This color doesn't look very pigmented in these photos... but it was better than it looked in real life. Also that lip color looks a lot brighter in real life... This is the right look though... weird. 



Face Makeup 
Primer: Too Faced Hangover Rx 
Foundation: Smashbox BB Cream 
Concealer: None 
Contour: nope 
Bronzer: no 
Blush: Benefit Dandelion
Highlight: The Highlight color in the Tarte Energy Noir Palette 
Powder: none 
Setting Spray: Elf mist and set 
Lips: Elf Ravishing Rose 

Pros and Cons: 
One Con is definitely the Glittery Fallout. I think this palette has a little more than the Lorac Pro 2 I think. If you do your eye makeup first it shouldn't be much of an issue... but for Look #2 I had a lot of glitter on my face and I think it was from these colors. There's a little more fallout on the matte shades also.

I also don't think it blends as nicely as the Pro 2. The Pro 2 I use for quick, out the door looks... this takes a bit more work I think.

A pro is the color selection... you can create a lot of looks with these colors... they seem very basic, but there's a lot of different looks you can do with these. Its easier to come up with looks with this color palette than the Lorac Pro 2.

A big pro are the matte shadows. There aren't many palettes that have the same amounts of mattes and shimmers, but these do and they kind of correspond so its easy to be like "ohhh that shimmer shade can go on the lid with that crease shade and that highlight" and its perfect and done.

Gold is one of the best shades of all time in my opinion and is really amazing.

There are a lot of matte browns... this can be either a pro or a con depending on your preference. I think its useful cause they are all different shades and I kind of prefer doing a really dark brown for a smokey look instead of a matte black and there are really good ones in this. On the other end of the spectrum... how many matte browns do you need! Lol.

And there are a lot of matte and shimmer highlight shades, which is a pro. You can never have too many good highlight shades in my opinion. There's also a matte black... which I never really use but its something lots of palettes really need.

One con is that the lasting time is not the best on these shadows. You definitely need to use a good primer with them to stay on. Pretty much any primer works and it comes with a really good primer... but you definitely need one.

These are very soft shadows, which not everyone likes. Some people have a hard time with soft shadows... I find them more blendable but some people don't like them as much. That could be a con.

Another Pro is the layout... which I just noticed how smart it is. The glitter shades are on the bottom, which is great because then no glitter will get on the matte shades. There are so many palettes that get glitter in the matte shades and that bother me... the layout of these is pretty awesome, so there really is no fallout with the glitter shades onto the mattes.



Comments