How To-sday: Drugstore Make Up w/ Make Up Academy Metals Palette

Alright... this was a frustrating look to make... I'm gonna be honest, I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but it is different... and I think I made it work. I'm going to have a full post on my first impression with this palette... but yeah.

Eyes 
So I didn't do my eye make up first... but I would recommend it with this palette. 

First I took the white color and put that in the inner corner of my eye with a sponge tip applicator. This doesn't have a problem with pigmentation... but it was easy to use a sponge tip for me. I think my brushes might have been dirty and made it muddy looking. I then put the gold-ish green color all over the rest of my lid with the sponge tip applicator. I used the first color in the palette in my crease and I put the second color on the bottom row in my crease also I think... not totally sure. Lol. 

I primed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion... the only non drugstore thing in this, but that always works best for me. And I put the Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara and Rain Coat Top Coat on my lashes for mascara. 
these pics don't really do the colors justice... it is a pigmented palette... but it was a little frustrating to use, which I will go into detail on on Friday. 





Face 
I primed with Maybelline's face studio primer in the blur and illuminate version. I then used my Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation. For my concealer I used Maybelline Superstay Better Skin and Elf HD Undereye Setting Powder. I used NYC Sunny Bronzer to contour kinda and I sort of blended that out so it doesn't totally show, but I think it gives a little definition to the face. Idk. Then I used Milani's Rose blush in Tea Rose as my blush and Elf Moonlight Pearls highlight on my cheekbones. I set with the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray and then used my L'oreal Le Laque in Laque-y Charm on my lips. 

And thats that. Didn't love the look... didn't really hate it either. I will do a first impression on friday... cause some things need to be said about this... lol.

Next week I have a look I liked a lot better... so spoilers... but yeah that turned out good. Lol. 

Hope you still liked this and stay tuned Friday for a full first impression on the palette! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments