Monday Musts! 10/19/15

Heyyy guys! Hope you had an excellent week! I certainly did cause my birthday was Friday if I didn't mention it 100 times yet... which I probably did... But here are a few of my Birthday Week Favorites!

1) Elf Brush Cleaner- This is pretty awesome. It really gets your brushes clean, it smells really good and its just a quick and easy way to clean your brushes after using them. I just got this, it even cleaned my Real Techniques sponge really well. Its good to use if you're switching products while using different brushes. Like if you were to use a black and then go in with a lighter color or something. Or if you were using the same brush for blush and bronzer or something like that. It works really well and for $3 you can't beat it!

2) Bath and Body Works Shea and Sugar Body Scrub- I got this in the scent Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte and when I first used it I thought it smelled a little too strongly of that and that it was kind of stinky and I was regretting buying it... BUT it works so so well. Its kind of soapy, so it just kind of foams up on the skin and leaves it so smooth and nice before shaving. I really like this scrub, this is too expensive when its full priced... but I got this scent on sale and I really really enjoy it. I got it a while ago and just finished up another scrub so I'm using it now... my legs feel really really good after this.

I don't think they have this scent anymore... which isn't a bad thing cause I don't love the scent anyway... but it sucks cause it looks like this formula isn't permanent and I've tried their other scrubs and nothing is quite as good as this shea and sugar formula... which really sucks. I may buy a few more for the winter... they are really expensive though, they're like 16.50... and idk that they are worth that much... but its my favorite scrub I've tried so far... So... maybe it is.

3) Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- I tried this in a small sample size a few years ago and I didn't like it that much honestly... but it came with the Vegas Nay palette and I decided to give it another try and I really like it this time! I think this mascara bothers my eyes a little less when I have allergies... which is a great thing. I prefer anything that is not tested on animals... but sometimes the ingredients in mascara are yucky if they aren't cruelty free... so if I were to invest in a high end mascara, it'd probably be this one because I know it is for sure not tested and contains no animal ingredients in it (I've heard there's bat dung in mascaras... idk if thats true or not but gross!) I did just buy a L'oreal Mascara though... but I think after that I may just stick to Ulta brand and other cruelty free mascaras...

4) Essence Lip Liner in Wish Me A Rose- I don't tend to line my lips much... but I've used this liner twice this week and its really pretty and kind of goes with everything. I used it with the Nars Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil, which is the birthday gift from Sephora and I liked it and the Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lipstick in Torte that came in their Rewind set... which I'll be reviewing soon but yeah. This is a nice creamy lipliner that I'm happy I used this week!

5) Smashbox Primer Water- I got a small sample of this with an Ulta order, they were offering a deluxe sample with a purchase, so I got this and liked it. I like spraying it on before putting on foundation and then using that to kind of make my real techniques sponge spread a little bit better. So thats a good combo.

6) Elf Daily Hydration Moisturizer- I had actually lost this for a while and recently found it and I've been using it before my primer ever since because this is kind of something that works as a primer. Its not as heavy as any moisturizers I've tried and it just works really nicely. Its nice stuff!

7) Too Faced Vegas Nay Stardust Palette- This is kind of an always favorite and I've mentioned it a lot... but its just so good I can't stop talking about it. Its really fun and has a great assortment of shadows that are pigmented and easy to use! Plus it comes with cards with different looks from Vegas Nay, and those are useful. I didn't use them before but this week I did the look Stardust for my birthday and I loved it. It was really easy and pretty and I liked it.

8) Colourpop's Super Shock Shadow in Get Lucky- I love Colourpop Shadows, I actually have a look using another great shadow from colourpop on tuesday... but this one I love too. Its such a nice gold color that is pretty much just straight up gold. I absolutely love it and highly recommend checking it out. Its definitely a favorite!

That is it! Hope you guys are having a fun week!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments