First Impression Friday: Sonia Kashuk Grand Bazaar Spice Market Palette

I saw Tati review this... and I needed it. She just did such a great look with this palette. It's from Sonia Kashuk and its available at target. It has an adorable plaid packaging that just looks so cute for fall and winter. It has 4 eyeshadows and 2 blushes and a big mirror. It's very sleek and... it just looked fun. So I'm going to test it out.

Before I test it out though... I kind of want to talk about the price because Sonia Kashuk is pretty pricey for a drugstore brand. This comes with 4 shadows and 2 blushes and its $20... which is kind of a lot. And if it hadn't been my birthday recently and it hadn't been a splurgy week for me, I would have probably said no to it.

Packaging 
The Packaging, as I mentioned is adorable, but its also pretty sturdy and compact. And there is a good sized mirror. This would make a great gift if you were looking to gift it to someone.

Trying it without primer 
I was just kind of playing around with the color to see if I could come up with a look before I actually tried it. I always use a primer anyway, so it isn't like this is a deal breaker... but it just doesn't look nice without the primer.

First Application 
So this went on pretty nicely. I used all of the colors and the darker blush in the palette and it looked nice and applied easy enough. The formula is a lot like the L'oreal La Palette 2... and even the colors are very similar to that. I kind of felt the same way I did when I first used that palette... the look didn't quite turn out how I wanted it too, the colors kind of blended together... but I feel like this looks like they blended together a little more nicely than the L'oreal palette. You can see each of the individual colors, but they do look blended together. And it looks nice. Thats kind of what eyeshadow is supposed to do I guess but sometimes I want the transition to be a little more noticeable... but I still like it and I think it looks pretty.

There was a little powdery kickback with the matte shades. Oddly, there was some fallout when I was playing around with it without the primer, but there wasn't when I used the primer... so I sort of think the shadows REALLY stick to the primer... which is good. Probably any primer you use would work well with this.

The Blush went on perfectly also. It was really nicely pigmented from the first application and I really love the color of it and the texture. Its not to much but you have something there. I love it!

Nothing took a long time to blend or anything either, which I love about it. It was a quick and easy look to do and this is sort of an all in one palette, so if you're in a hurry or you're traveling this would be great to take with you. Its good for work, good for travel. You could even bring this in a bag and do your makeup on the train or in the car or something with this. Not while driving, but you know. If you have time to do it before work or school... this would be easy to do.

Check in #1 
So I applied this at 12 and this its almost 4:30 and it stayed on nicely. I've been out and done a few things... I haven't run a marathon or gone to the gym or anything, but it still does look pretty good. I used this with the Lorac Behind The Scenes Primer, which is a good primer but for some reason with the L'oreal La Palettes they don't stay on my lids with anything other than the Urban Decay Primer Potion or using a concealer and then a powder. I'm comparing these because they are quite similar in color, texture and price. Sonia Kashuk is cruelty free, so if you wanted a cruelty free alternative, this is good. The L'oreal one has more of a color range, but these are the colors I would use more often from that... so thats something to keep in mind a little bit.

The blush also stayed on really really well. Which is surprising. This reminds me a bit of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes even... so you know its good. Lol.

Check in #2 
It's 7:10 now so I've had this on for quite a while now and for the most part its still pretty much on. The eyeshadows have faded a bit, blush is still going strong and looks really pretty and natural. I didn't even powder my face or use setting spray. Plus I'm wearing Maybelline's Superstay... which isn't the most super at staying and I didn't wear it with a long wearing primer... so that should give you a good idea. The glittery brown color is the only eye color that's really worn off. I can still see the highlight on my browbone and a bit on the inner corner... so that's pretty good! I'm impressed!

Last Check In 
I just took a bath and its still on a  little bit. The blush is still on a lot more than any other blush pretty much and the shadows are a little bit on still. Even though it doesn't come with a lot of stuff... its a really amazing palette that I have to say is definitely worth $20. This is just awesome. I don't think there are a ton of looks you can get out of this  and I don't think that you'll get a super quick look from this... but its quick enough. The palette is like the size of my cell phone, so it'd be good for travel. I think its really a great little palette. I really like it a lot! I think its such good quality... and sometimes its quality, not quantity that makes something valuable. Definitely recommend this, it'd make a great gift and its a great palette to have. I don't really have anything else like it either.

Bye!!!
-Shannon

Comments