Review: Best of Bite Rewind Set 2015

So I am excited to review the Best of Bite Rewind Set! This is a holiday set from Sephora with 4 Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lipsticks, which are super matte lipsticks in a pencil type of form in 4 different colors for $25! Awesome value if you ask me, I'm kind of a sucker for Holiday Lip Sets... they're kind of my favorites. I never finish a full anything, especially lipstick... so this is just a fun way to try a lot of a luxury brand for a decent price.

To put the price in perspective, one full size of most of Bite's lipsticks are $24. There are some special ones that are $28 and the glosses are $22... but for a dollar more getting 4 different lipsticks is pretty good to me.

So the set comes with 4 colors, Cafe (nude), Coulis (red), Aubergine (Berry), and Torte (rose). So thats quite a good spectrum of colors, you get a little bit of everything. The only con of this is that if you got the set last year, it came with 4 High Pigment Pencils that are exactly the same color. Don't believe me? Just look. (can't really watch lol.)

So those you can kinda tell... the colors swatch the same. They look almost identical, but on the lips they look totally different to me. The Matte Lipsticks from this year's set look really really matte. They both look really nice and different... but with the matte lip trend, I have a feeling more people will like the Matte pencils. And I think I prefer them too just because they are really easy to use. I especially love the lighter shades because you can totally wear them without a liner and they'll last all day. You can eat with them or drink with them and they still stay on. 

With the darker colors, I think a lip liner might be easy just because for me its hard to get around the cupids bow and a liner will make it a little bit more precise. As far as bleeding out or anything goes, it won't bleed out or feather from your lip line... just for me, I think getting the cupids bow a little bit precise. Especially with a dark lip, it helps. 

These also feel really comfortable on the lips too. They don't feel drying at all. They aren't like super moisturizing or anything, but they feel pretty great on. Its not like drying where you notice that you're wearing lipstick all day or anything. Its really just a nice formula. Probably one of my favorite matte lip formulas out there.I'm not sure if  this beats the Maybelline formula... but its cheaper for 4 of these than 4 of the Maybellines... unless you coupon lol. 

All of the colors in this are Limited Edition except for Aubergine, the Berry color... which is kind of cool. If you want one of these colors, you can just get them in this. I'm sure there are dupes... even in the permanent collection with the High Pigment Pencils... 2 of them are permanent from last years set, so you can dupe every color. I think just the nude in each set was limited edition, but the rest have at least one permanent shade. The nudes are pretty unique though, so I think that's kind of worth it. 

Like I mentioned I kind of like the Matte Lipsticks a little better than the High Pigment pencils just because they wear longer and they don't bleed outside the lip at all. The High Pigment Pencils are a little creamy, which looks nice on the lips, but also doesn't necessarily last great. 

And the packaging... So this comes with a nice reusable tin, but if you drop the tin on the floor at Sephora, the mirror may shatter. When I got mine home the mirror was shattered. I know I dropped it... but I'm sure I wasn't the first person to drop it, so I returned it and got a new one. I kept the one from last years set in my purse for a while... this year I'm not going to do it just because I know it could shatter. But yeah. 

Overall great gift for someone, great gift for yourself, great to buy if you haven't tried Bite and you want... and overall just great to have. It makes me want to try more of these. I love this set and I'm having fun playing around with it. 

That's it! Hope this is helpful! 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments