Tag Thursday: The Eyeshadow Junkie Tag

So I saw FancyThatWithCandice do this tag... and it just looked so fun that I needed to do it myself! I love that Tags are getting more popular again, I'll probably do some more since I'm seeing a lot!


1) Favorite drugstore line of eyeshadows?- 

The L'oreal Infallible Shadows are probably the best. They're better than some high end shadows I think... they're so soft and pigmented and they apply really well. I don't have a ton of these shades... but I have kind of a lot and they're all so good and smooth and great for one shadow looks! I love them! 

2) Favorite Eyeshadow Primer?

I like the Urban Decay Primer Potion. That is the one that works most consistently for me. I have tried a lot of eyeshadow primers... this one is the only one that works for everything. It is a little messy because its a little runny... but you only need a tiny tiny bit and it works amazingly well. 

3) First Ever Eyeshadow Purchase & do you still use it?

I don't know if this is the first one I purchased... but the first I remember is Kat Von D's Beethoven Palette. It was a smokey palette with a lot of purples and I really liked purples when I started using eyeshadow... I don't still use it because it kind of fell apart on me. These shadows are really really soft and they kind of just break apart really easily. 

4) Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Dupe?
I actually have a whole list of dupes for Stila's Kitten that I posted in January. You can read that right here. Some on that list are high end dupes that might be in palettes, others are drugstore dupes. The one that is the cheapest dupe for Kitten is the Milani Bella Eye in Bella Champagne. They look identical, Kitten is more pigmented and softer obviously... but its really great. 

5) Most Underrated? (what you hear about the least, but LOVE-this includes singles/palettes)
Tarte Eyeshadows are AMAZING! They are my favorites. I have The Showstopper Palette, The Energy Noir Palette and the Christmas Palette from last year. I didn't get the Tartelette palette because it looks really similar to the Christmas palette... and I have a lot of mattes... but I may get it... lol. I feel like at this point I'm collecting Tarte Palettes because they have such a good formula and their palettes are always a great value. Most of them are under $40 and they come with a bunch of shadows and blushes and highlights and things. Perfect for travel... I love them. 

6) Favorite Single Eyeshadow?

This is a tough choice... I really like Colourpop shadows and I think my favorite that I have is Get Lucky which is just a nice gold shade. Its really a great color and its just awesome. If I had to recommend just one single shadow from Colourpop, it would probably be this one. 

7) Favorite Cream Eyeshadow?

Actually I think I like the Elf Smudgepots better than the Maybelline Color Tattoos... I have a lot of Maybelline Colour Tattoos and only one smudge pot... but the Smudgepots are so nice and creamy I just love them. The Maybelline Tattoos get a little hard even after just a little bit... but the Elf ones stay really nice and smooth and creamy. I have Brownie Points, and I'll probably order more soon! I love Elf and I think these are awesome.

8) Favorite Neutral Eyeshadow?

I have a lot of great neutral palettes so this is really hard. The one that is the most neutral that I was the most impressed with is the Elf Mad For Matte Palette. This is a great quality palette... great for everyday use, great if you just need a color for your crease... I just really like this. 

And another one I feel like will work for everyone that is a little less "no makeup makeup" type of shadow is the original Lorac Pro Palette. The Lorac Pro Palettes are just so easy for a 5 minute look that takes like no time at all. They blend so easily and they're so pigmented... I really love it. Its a great quality palette. 

9) Favored Colored Eyeshadow? 

Right now, because its fall I'm going with Kat Von D's Raw Power. I've only had this for a little bit, these are new single shadows and I just got it recently. Its really a pretty burgundy color that is so great for fall and really unique to anything that I have... this one is great. I love these Kat Von D eyeshadows! 

10) BEST EYESHADOW PALETTE EVER!!!?

I feel like I'm slightly biased because this is my most recent purchase... but if I had to pick one right now, today... it would be the Too Faced Stardust Palette! Its just so great, you can get so many good looks with it, I love the packaging I think its a great value. You can do a really neutral look, something really glam or something really dark and smokey. I feel like I can get pretty much any type of look from the colors in this palette and the quality of them is just so good! I'm really starting to like this... possibly even better than my Tarte Holiday palette, which had been my favorite before that.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments